SAU Community

Newbie To Sau!

CLNSKY

Going to up the boost so would like a boost gauge to get an easier reading of whats happening!

Solenoid trick to be done this weekend. Hopefully i can get it done myself... And not break my car lol.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone have a POD BOX template?

Looking to make one this weekend with aluminium sheets if I can get a hold of them.

Any advice on what material to use besides alum ?

Cheers

Colin

Thanks mate!

Anyone have any tips on how to paint alum?

Should i sand it down / primer / spray it?

Does it matter what sort of paint i should use?

Cheers

Colin

Well done, you should be proud of your efforts.

Thanks for sharing. Please post more pics when complete.

Thanks mate!

Anyone have any tips on how to paint alum?

Should i sand it down / primer / spray it?

Does it matter what sort of paint i should use?

Cheers

Colin

Clean it as much as possible.

Use etch primer(from bunnings or similar)

Follow directions, then paint with preferred colour.

I done this to my arc airbox with mat black, has held up amazingly well.

3 years and counting.

Used etcher and VHT paint from autobahn. Isn't as pro as the ones i've seen made here, but i hope it does the job and keeps the cops off my back!

Do note, that if the cop touched it they may think its made of cardboard because when pushed moves a bit lol.

20120612112138.jpg

looks good esp. for diy :) the coppers can always argue it's not acceptable as it's not "fully enclosed"

Rule of thumb, don't drive a dickhead on the road lessens likelihood of being pulled over

if you're targeted for a "random license check" & bonnet inspection don't act like a dickhead to the officer & they usually let things like this slide, worked for me with my old R33/34 :yes:

Very true, will keep everyone updated if i do get pulled over!

Received my shims from GSL Rally sports to put behind my QFM pads, they where squealing like crazy! Will install them now :D

Will give them a good bedding in session again then I guess, hope it eliminates the noise =(

A thing i noticed when i installed the extra shims. 3/4 pads at the front had 2 x metal shims already. But the other one which is the on my right wheel on the outside (So the right pad on my right wheel) only had 1! . Was also a huge bitch to get my pads back in with the extra shim installed.

Will that 1 missing shim cause issues? The noise I get sounds like it is coming from the left.

Cheers

Colin

some plastic adhesive shims i got from GSL like $16 for the fronts... they recommended it to remove the squeaking... After driving a bit more its still quite annoying not as loud but just as constant, from 20/10-0 just squeaks like crazy.

Anyone got any other suggestions i can try? I cannot even imagine how quiet brakes could sound like on my car lol i miss them.

they are still new so they will squeak a fair bit.. You need to get a whole lot of heat into them, im talking a few 110 to 40 stops followed by some higher *wink wink* speeds and then really standing on it to a near stop.. drive around for a good 5 mins to let them cool and it should shut them up a bit

or go on a nice cruise in some twisty stuff and do a few runs up and down really using the brakes alot

I've done a run up Maq pass already and have driven more than 1000 + kms on them.

Also tried bedding them in 100-10 about 6 times one night... That was before i put the shims in.

Should I repeat this process? I wasn't sure if i had to bed them in only when they where new.

Cheers

Colin

Im using slotted RDA rotors and QFM A1RM pads and had bad squeal, I have done all the normal squeal remedies and re bedded the pads a few times after rubbing on cement and camfering etc.....

I ordered some Project Mu shims for the fronts, I'll let you know how that goes...

I drive me brakes pretty hard so it can be that they dont get enough heat, cause I can tell you they do...