SAU Community

Where Are The R30 Injector Resistors/pack?

Am switching over the old leaking injectors in my 1982 HR30 with the L20 turbo motor but can't seem to find the resistor pack.

There must be one as it's running low impedance injectors(2.8 ohms).

Anyone know where to look please?

Edited by stewart1

Thanks!...I've read that Nissan used cheaper ECU's that needed resistor packs because they couldn't handle the low impedance injector amps.

My R30 definitely doesn't have a pack so if you are right they must have used an expensive ECU in only the R30 turbo model...interesting!

wow i haven't logged into SAU in A LONG TIME...

that pic is of your boost vac sensor (from memory)

I swapped my L20et injectors for RB20 ones ... pretty sure it was the na VL commonwhore ones @ about $80 each > maybe try searching for my old thread

good luck with those brittle old injector spacers and finding where you start sucking in air when you change them :)

- David

Yep it's a 1982 so 30 years old so needs some work,I notice the injector spacers are already broken (havn't touched them yet) and there's petrol bubbling around the seals.

I was going to but some RB20 injectors in which are 14.5 ohm(high impedance)and by-pass the resistor pack but seeing there isn't one I guess it's back to finding some low impedance ones.

Yes that's the boost sensor in pic,was showing wild fluctuating boost on the gauge so I broke it open and cleaned it,works fine now.

Just replaced the water pump recently as the shaft had wobbled out of it bush and the fan was hitting the cowl...it ontrack.jpgdeserves to be bought back to top condition after towing a horse jogging frame every day for the last 7 years.

Oh and it can still keep pace with my R33 RB25 turbo easy,don't know how but it does!

maybe it was the rb30 ones i put in then....... it was a straight swap

as for the injector seats, go to a wrecker and pull some off any L series they should fit