SAU Community

White Smoke?

Hi after I boost it big cloud of smoke comes out its oil I can smell it. Does it sound like turbo seal? I did have a leak in the throttle body and cooler piping has popped off couple of times. Ideas anyone?

White smoke?

Oil burns black or grey, white is generally coolant.....

Black smoke is unburned fuel. Oil burns blue if it gets burned by the engine, white smoke out the exhaust under boost would most likely be a blown seal in the turbo dumping oil straight in the exhaust

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Well given that these are designed for proper circuit racing guys and made from genuine carbon you would be correct in assuming this
    • Yeah think they don’t make carbon fiber ones unfortunately 
    • That’s sick but I have a feeling really expensive … 
    • well, no luck again.😞 I got home after work and took the entire system off, intake, intercooler, all piping , connections, turbo elbows etc., inspected everything. Everything that makes up the intake, turbo and exhaust system , manifold intake and exhaust, and find no cracks, loose fittings, restriction, leaks, nothing.... I reinstalled it all test drove, same hairdryer/leaf blower sound anytime I give it throttle, then I swapped out the 50/50 aftermarket bov for the stock 100 percent recirculation version, another test drive same exact sound. (except no "ppsssh" sound when I let of throttle.)... I wish I had a stock intake to try as it does have a Apexi intake on it and I wonder if this is causing the loud whooshing sound. Still seems like a lot of hesitation and low power, expected a lot more punch based on what I have heard and seen with these 25 neo turbo engines. I have never seen or heard one in person, but can't imagine this is correct.
    • i ordered a head gasket test kit to make sure its not that. I could test the injectors and Coilpacks by unplugging them and see if the idle Changes?  Id check for A vacume leak by spraying break clean and see if the idle changes?  i have an endoscope for checking the valves.  What can i do to check Ringlands.  Have I forgotten any test i should do? I'll upload a video of the idle later after work/charging the battery