SAU Community

Thinking Of Brining Powertune Down 2 Tassie

ddm_s15

As above I've been talking 2 Powertune thinking I might bring them down 2 tune my car need 2 others cars 2 make it work let me know if any1 is keen they can do pump fuel or e85 I'll get prices up how much it will be ASAP cheers dave

Cause ive only ever had good dealings with Powertune and they proven time and time again that they no there shit. Who is the top tuner for dyno tuning here I no there is Andrew lawson, boost auto motive, Prospeed and gt garage.

Who is the best out of these placese ?

If people could say who they have had good and bad dealings with that would be great just want the best tuner possible.

Nick at GT is a solid guy and pumps out fantastic tunes... just make sure you take him a well sorted out car to tune. I take all of my cars to see him, big boost/Nitrous/V8's.... He tunes a lot of Targa cars too.

Brad from boost is a motorsport professional, he'd be my pick for a tuner if I was living up that way.

Andrew from Pro Automotive is also a very good race mechanic and tuner, he used to tune my GTR. Great guy, but again don't turn up with a problem car.

... We're spoilt for choice in Tassie. Why fly somone over at a huge cost, just for them to rent Nick's, Andy's, Brad's dyno anyway????

GT Garage does my car, Nick does a really good job.

If I were up north though I'd be looking at Confidyne or Boost Automotive thought, depending on which is closer, I've heard good things about both.

Also heard good reports from Powertune and they were trying to spark interest in coming down to Tassie on the EvoOz forums a few months back. Where would you be getting them to do the tunes if they came down?

Edited by GTR092

By well sorted you mean no issues as they can't sort them out unless it's spot on xrated?

I personally wouldn't mind someone who knows of and will fix an issue in the process of 'tuning' the car, not just adjust fuel maps.

Edit: not to take anything away from all the good results and tunes out there.

Edited by jangles

I use Brad from boost, and wouldn't go anywhere near anyone else in Launceston. Tuned my GT-R 6 years ago with it's unopened 1989 engine, got over 300rwkw. Since then it's done a heap of circuit and road work, and never had a problem. he also tunes my racecar on E85 with has never had a problem related to his work.

There is no need to get tuners from the mainland, there is enough capable people in tassie. I've seen plenty of shit work on cars that have gone to reputable workshops on the mainland.

I use Brad from boost, and wouldn't go anywhere near anyone else in Launceston. Tuned my GT-R 6 years ago with it's unopened 1989 engine, got over 300rwkw. Since then it's done a heap of circuit and road work, and never had a problem. he also tunes my racecar on E85 with has never had a problem related to his work.

There is no need to get tuners from the mainland, there is enough capable people in tassie. I've seen plenty of shit work on cars that have gone to reputable workshops on the mainland.

+ 1 for Boost Automotive

By well sorted you mean no issues as they can't sort them out unless it's spot on xrated?

No as in don't take them a POS and expect sunshine and rainbows... They're perfectly capable of finding and sorting issues, but you'll just be better off sorting out as many niggling issues as you can before you turn up for a tune. There's nothing worse for a tuner than to keep running into niggling issues that could have been prevented, while on the dyno.

Hi antony

I am with you get somone outside to do it,

Jason and i did all our own tunning and our cars have been going fine and hard for 6-7 years.

but i will say i recon we have spent 12+ hours doing them.

stuart