SAU Community

Nm35 Stagea Front Chassis Brace

It will definitely fit a PNM35; I made one for Alex's (PN Mad) HKS fed beast in the last run.

The only issue will be delivery cost; I can get a shipping quote, and them we can go from there. Shoot me a PM to remind me, and I'll get back to you later in the week.

Cheers, Dale.

Dale

Sorry mate I wont be going ahead with this now, as I ended up making my own.

Pics of dog dick pink brace!

Lol! I didn't really do a pink one, yours is glossy, badass black; just like the rest.

Unwrapping it though... :whistling:

Lolz guise; if I'd realised the demand for pansy pink; I'd have doubled the price & brought out a limited edition...

Update; Braces and mounting hardware are bubble wrapped, in cardboard tubes and labelled for shipping.

Tracking documents all filled in to make life easy for the Post Office chicks, and if possible; they will be going to the Post Shop tomorrow, as I think they still do Saturday morning Parcel drop off.

If not; they will be going in early next week. I'll PM individually with a tracking number once they are on their way.

Thanks again for your patience and support with the group buy; won't be long until you're unveiling my shiny my black rod.

Enjoy lads.

Edited by Daleo

great news dale, hip hip hooray! lol

re colour, doesn't matter for me as in the end most of the bar would end up dirt colour except i'm mad enough to crawl down & wipe it every week :woot:

Thanks again for your patience and support with the group buy; won't be long until you're unveiling my shiny my black rod.

Enjoy lads.

time for another kind of bracing...3-point strut bar? :P

I have another part for stiffness! Need to talk to someone who has a M35 Chassis Jig though!!!!

Anyone got one!!! :domokun:

If I cannot find one I'll setup another Group buy.

P.S. This will take away the need for strutt brace......not that we needed a strutt brace anyway with our chassis but is a need!!! :cheers:

Edited by Jetwreck

It definitely makes a difference, so why not!

I am curious though how much of a difference the chassis brace is going to make when I've already got the strut brace.

Considering most of the steering & braking forces are channeled through the compression rod (piano); which is right next to where the brace mounts, its effect is quite pronounced.

Double A arm front ends don't load the strut towers in the same way that Macpherson strut arrangements do. Macpherson struts tend to push the strut towers toward each other as they compress; which effect camber & caster (and therefore contact patch).

Double A arms tend to direct the forces more efficiently upward; rather than inward, and the arms and shocks actually work better; so a strut brace has a lesser effect. Not NO effect, just LESS effect.

When you see how little support our chassis rails have (the crossmember is about a foot further forward); and how much force is directed diagonally back into them, you start to understand why such a simple brace makes such a big difference.

I know it might sound like I'm just pushing my barrow; but it does work, and it works well.

If I was able to fit the bar to your car, and get you to drive a course; then take it off (but not tell you), get you to drive the same course again, you'd know instantly that it was gone.

I have both strut brace and subframe brace. Strut brace did SFA but after taking out the stupid catt mounts (NA models) and fitting the subrame brace, it works wonders. Can not wait for the rear subframe brace

Glad you're happy Matt. ;)

where we up to with the orders for these things, i forgot all about it...

Daleo i think you can make me a front brace before my car is put back together, will it be different with a turbo and no dual cats etc ?

Hi Nate, I think I have a spare one; let me check tomorrow and I'll PM.

Should be fine; if you haven't already done the exhaust, you'll be able to work around the brace.

Scotty has a 3.5" system, with a 2" wastegate pipe running through there, with a brace fitted; so you shouldn't have any great issues.