Eoi:- Private Drag Day At Adelaide 1/4 Mile. July 1St 2012

sky30

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

people on here oh id only want to do 3-5 runs but when u go to the drags and only get 3-4 runs coz of wait times people crack the shits... i dont get it lol

u think about it, by the time u have a run, let car cool down, make adjustments if needed, chat to mates, watch other cars 7 hrs wil go pretty fast so $280 isnt bad in my eyes, get involved...

if only i had a better clutch and 200 more kw

Hi all,

At this stage my mate is struggling to get numbers, so wont be going ahead with it.

He said the track is available to hire anytime (providing nothing on there), so maybe in the future if theres enough people keen.

Hey Andrew,

How's my old car going, are you going to be out there?

Hi shaun,

just about to try a new turbo on , trying to squeeze bit more out of it with similar response, hoping to make 430-440rwkw and still keep full boost around 3200rpm.

i was planing to race.

Andrew

Andrew, you mentioned there were 10 spots remaining earlier in the thread, since then I estimate 4 extras in this thread, even if a few drop out we still have at least 10-12 people. If we can't get another 8-10 people from other car forums I'll be very surprised!

If I could get my hands on a decent tailshaft at the right price I could be interested.

Unfortunately, 1 hard launch and my tailshaft will look like a stick of licorice.

Need a pair of MT's for the rear as well or I'll be laying rubber for 1/2 the track :(.....like this:

Andrew, you mentioned there were 10 spots remaining earlier in the thread, since then I estimate 4 extras in this thread, even if a few drop out we still have at least 10-12 people. If we can't get another 8-10 people from other car forums I'll be very surprised!

Yeah, i think some of the 10 people he had pulled out.

im pretty sure the track costs $5500 to hire for 10-20 cars, so if you dont have full 20 cars obviously you got to pay more than $280 a car.

pete shafts built from hardy spicer are only 900ish they use ur yoke and center bearing , and if u get the urge and want to play i got 2 sets of m/t's i seem to be the bloke everyone comes to borrow rubber, i dont mind tho ,maybe some one set a date and we could make this happen. if ur real keen pete that cars up for sale 50k was 70k lol

thanks Jet, I may even take you up on your offer and happy to part with some cash or beer.

Input shafts on the ZF are apparently a weakness too I think.....I reckon Nizpro are doing a replacement shaft atm...not sure how much they are though.

May have to speak to the Willall boys to book in for a replacement input shaft.........what car or cars are you thinking of running Martin?

Okay, I'll kick things off. If you are 100% commited to running at a private drag day at AIR(on 1 July - will confirm date ASAP) then let me know via this thread. Budget for a $280 entry fee. As soon as we have 20 names I'll organise payment.

1. Whatsisname

2. Martin Donnon (let me know how many spots you want Martin)

3. R35Robzilla

4. Jetturbo?

5. Sky30?

6. ECR033?

yeh look ur car should be fine honestly pete its the 60ft where it snapps stuff seen stock part hold up with 1.6 60's but also seen stock stuff let go on dynos nizpro sell tool steel input shafts at 1500 bucks bta motorsport sell a input shaft rated at 2000hp but its 4k and billett, then the intermediate shaft has the hard task i say a 2nd had tailshaft is 250 bucks and its good that its the weak point cause input shafts and down the line is more expensive. just go have fun and maybe a tailshaft loop will stop any damage and if it does snap its only 250 slippery slope with any modified car lol dont need to tel u that tho

just as a guide a bf xr6t done a record the other day ay air on street tyres ( this is a very debateable subject) but nitto nivos went 11.01 @ 131mph with a soft 1.9 60ft done a heap of passes and no brakeages just kept that 60 soft and everything holds up btw a 10 on street tyres is something alot of ford boys are chasing ( this could be u pete lol)

iam more than happy to share my m/t's around as i like to see everyone having fun and a common goal everyone has a pb :P

Okay, I'll kick things off. If you are 100% commited to running at a private drag day (on 1 July - will confirm date ASAP) then let me know via this thread. As soon as we have 20 names I'll organise payment.

1. Whatsisname

3. Robzilla?

4. Jetturbo?

5.Sky30?

any chance this date could be pushed back just to allow guys to be ready? i know iam waiting on parts and should be ready more along the lines of the 1st of august but this could come forward!! keep us posted on the dates

Okay, I'll kick things off. If you are 100% commited to running at a private drag day at AIR(on 1 July - will confirm date ASAP) then let me know via this thread. Budget for a $280 entry fee. As soon as we have 20 names I'll organise payment.

1. Whatsisname

3. Robzilla? YES!!

4. Jetturbo?

5. Sky30?

6. ECR033?