SAU Community

Eoi:- Private Drag Day At Adelaide 1/4 Mile. July 1St 2012

sky30

Matty, chin up mate, there'll be other private drag days - I'm keen to do a few.

Jet, sounds good.

I might pass the word around my work, should find one or two, or more, keen to get involved.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My mate that was Trying to get the original day going would be keen aswell as a couple of others.

I may be ready on july 1, but later date would be better.

The week after a scheduled meeting would be best for the track condition as it would still be sticky, im pretty sure there is no track prep for a private day included in the cost.

I'll check on track prep and confirm ASAP.

The next scheduled meet is 29 July.

On Edge, sounds good mate.

Matt

Can you also ask how fast times we can run without a cage etc.

At normal andra meet 11.0 us the fastest you can go before they kick you out, im hoping this is different on private day.

Andrew

Matt

Can you also ask how fast times we can run without a cage etc.

At normal andra meet 11.0 us the fastest you can go before they kick you out, im hoping this is different on private day.

Andrew

anything faster than 10.99 need a cage anything faster than 9.99 parachooooote as per andra specs

Okay, I've had a chat with the venue manager, Rino - good bloke, more than happy to take time and explain everything.

Basically, there are three options:

1. $3500. Max of 10 people/cars. No timing system. No track prep. $350 per person.

2. $5500. Max of 20. Full timing. No track prep. $275 per person.

3. $7500. Max of 20. Full timing. Full track prep. $375 per person.

All options include: Full safety crew, ambo and fire etc. 9am till 4pm time frame.1 driver + 2 pit crew. No additional spectators (other than pit crew). Wet weather refund or reschedule for alternatively date.

Numbers are set based on insurance requirements. One or two above 20 is possible but he would prefer to avoid it as it creates significant issues regarding insurance and adds additional fees per person.

No ET or MPH limits (within reason - no 7sec @ 180mph stuff) so below 9.99 is fine.

I guess the next move is working out if people are prepared to pay $375 for track preparation. I've driven my R33 at AIR minus track prep and it was interesting to say the least! Wheel spin 1st through 4th with a mere 260-270RWkW.

Worth noting on the quarter mile day a few weeks ago I had 11 runs with plenty of breaks during the day. I could have had 15 or so if I wanted.

Cost was $160 with full prep and timing etc

I'd highly recommend it

Worth noting on the quarter mile day a few weeks ago I had 11 runs with plenty of breaks during the day. I could have had 15 or so if I wanted.

Cost was $160 with full prep and timing etc

I'd highly recommend it

That's a more sensible price, 375 is really pushing it in my opinion, significantly more than a private track day for circuit !!!

Fair call, Josh, it's hard to ignore the value for money in a regular open off-street meeting. I'll be at the July meet regardless of what happens with this private drag day.

Matt, as i mentioned earlier if you get private day week after the meet the prep us still good.

I wonder how much a drum of vht costs, couldnt be much surely?

Only gets sprayed on with a garden sprayer, anyone could do that

seriously go the weekend after a event, decent tyres are a minimum anyway octopus grip is cheap and works better than vht cause u add it to ya tyres( paint brush) and even when u go heathcote theres no track prep its just the first coupla v8's lay some fresh rubber and away u go, ( track prep is overated if not done right anyway ) and 375 is getting up there whereas 275 is ok for what were getting . as long as theres timing and a slip ur going to p.b anyway as ull have heaps of runs to get it right and as the day goes on and temp rises the track turns for the better and runs faster just before 4ish ( baised as the winter we currently have) just sayin dont get hung up on track prep thats what the extra 5 seconds of spin is for :P

If i can get some proper tyres ill be out there again.

any recommendations for a 33 gtst rim and tyre size?

as wide and as high as u can fit m/t's do a bunch of irregular sizes to suit