SAU Community

Eoi:- Private Drag Day At Adelaide 1/4 Mile. July 1St 2012

sky30

A drum of VHT is over $1,600 and then add another few hundred

for the drum of methanol they use to mix and prepare the compound. Rino then hires a tractor with spray attachment and so on to do the job. Using a hand held spray pack would take ages!

I've run on a unprepared track and I couldn't get close to my best, and that was using Nitto drag radials. That said, I'm still keen for a private day but I need numbers before I can go any further. Could aim for early Aug, after 29th July meet.

I've got a pair of new MT Street's in 265/40/18 on 18x9.5 - far from optimal but I'm keen to see how they go. 255 or 275 15 or 16 seem to be popular.

I've got no chance of running under 11.0 so no dramas for me there but I can understand your dilemma, Andrew!

Josh, what was your best time, mph, 60" at the recent meet? What tyres did you run?

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If i can get some proper tyres ill be out there again.

any recommendations for a 33 gtst rim and tyre size?

i could have sold my nitto's to you. 275/40/17 great for the strip or find some et streets.

Because then you need cage to andra specs blag blah its a lot of complications for a street car.

when did that change? used to be under 10 and over 140MPH??.

tyres are a huge factor with big launch especially u manual blokes but lower pressures with a higher wall helps big time and this stuff works very well

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/OCTOPUS-GRIP-PREMIUM-TYRE-SOFTENER-1L-RACING-MOTORSPORTS-IMPROVE-PERFORMANCE-/200682035853?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2eb994da8d

again vht is good but overated, when ur trying to smash 2000hp down yeh u need everything u can get but us first 30ft is all done unless ur king of the hill like this ( sorry i had to lol)

Josh, what was your best time, mph, 60" at the recent meet? What tyres did you run?

12.7 @121mph. best 60ft of 2.4, just ran stretche achilies 235/40 on a 9.5. less than ideal. cant even drop the pressure to much, just concerned the bead could pop on the tyre if i lowered it too much. best mph for the day was 124.XX.

there was a friend of a friend there with a 31 that ran a 10.8 something on the day and he backed it up with a 10.4 and then was told to go home.

The nittos would have been great, would have slipped over some GTT stockies quite nicely

Im not too sure how i will go making this, clutch is starting to give in. would be keen to tag along and take some pics though.

The 31 is regoed and was a daily untill recently, now the motor is about to become a 26/30 and put into a dedicated drag car.

Ill be sure to give you a msg when I have some cash. What do you reccomend for a daily that will also see the track a few times a year?

I have an excedy h/d at the moment which has done good for the last 3 years, but guessing i will need something a lillte more durable.

Awesome, what is the pressure like with them? I dont think ill be going too far past 300, at least not in the near future. How much do they go for roughly?

No worries, dont stress about it at the moment as i have too many other thing to get first, but ill give you a pm when im ready to organise it. cheers steve