Eoi:- Private Drag Day At Adelaide 1/4 Mile. July 1St 2012

sky30

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Decent amount of power, which is backed up by the 124MPH trap speed. All you need now is traction.

I managed 120MPH with mid-high 200, hoping mid 300 will net around 128MPH, and somewhere in the 11sec bracket - love a 10 but not fussed.

Decent amount of power, which is backed up by the 124MPH trap speed. All you need now is traction.

I managed 120MPH with mid-high 200, hoping mid 300 will net around 128MPH, and somewhere in the 11sec bracket - love a 10 but not fussed.

haha you know you want to run a 10:) maybe hire a decent driver :)

Andrew, I've got a brand new set of MT ET Street Radial 2, but not in the size most are running, mine are 265/40/18 (ordered them the instant I heard rumours AIR was ready to go) I've also got a set of Toyo R888 in the same size.

I want to see what I can achieve on a non-traditional size wheel-tyre combo. Let's face it, I'm not going challenge any records using the usual set-up, so why not try something a bit different.

Matty, ya smart arse! LOL It's my mechanical sympathy, not a lack of driving skill ;)

never heard of that size matt.

Im chasing a pair of drag radials in 16"(any brand) to try on my car, anyone know of any for sale?

ive only raced on cheap street tyres, and they are less than ideal at the track.

I agree, nothing more spectacular than a redline side step of the clutch in an R.

I don't reckon anyone on here has the balls to do it to their GTR though.....other than Martin maybe

Happy to be proved wrong though :whistling:

Andrew (sky30), the ET Street Radial 2 is the same compound as the ET Street Radial 1 but they come in a different tread pattern and are designed for larger diameter rims. Here's a Cadillac CTS-V on 20" ET 2's doing 1.6sec 60ft - auto trans helps too.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2009-cadillac-cts-v-performance-mods/250252-irwindale-results-mt-20-street-radial.html

I agree with Martin, if there's no track prep, then don't even bother. I've got video footage of me attempting to run a pass on an unprepared AIR surface and you can hear the car spin from 1st through 4th gear.

Andrew (sky30), the ET Street Radial 2 is the same compound as the ET Street Radial 1 but they come in a different tread pattern and are designed for larger diameter rims. Here's a Cadillac CTS-V on 20" ET 2's doing 1.6sec 60ft - auto trans helps too.

http://www.cadillacf...eet-radial.html

I agree with Martin, if there's no track prep, then don't even bother. I've got video footage of me attempting to run a pass on an unprepared AIR surface and you can hear the car spin from 1st through 4th gear.

lol, auto trans more than helps..it makes a big difference on a low profile radial, nowhere near the same shock on the sidewall

cheers

darren

Hey Darren, been a while mate! Is the 31 up and running?

Auto trans clearly suits the low profile drag radial best. When it comes to drag racing, auto dominates manual period!