SAU Community

Eoi:- Private Drag Day At Adelaide 1/4 Mile. July 1St 2012

sky30

nah..long story...but its nearly finished being painted..again..and then will finally be reassemble,

just being playing around with a stagea atm..so farkin heavy though..lmao

cheers

darren

Edited by jet_r31

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looking forward to seeing the beast back in action, with even more grunt this time.

I wanted a Stagea as our family wagon but Kim didn't want anything to do with it, doesn't like the look at all - she is a Toyota girl too. In the end, I got a '03 Caldina GT-Four N. They are surprisingly quick, slight boost increase and it does mid 5sec 0-100 and 13

sec 1/4. But the best thing is the grip level they can generate and the handling, they are quite a bit lighter than a Stagea and the N version gets tricky suspension and diff.

caldina sounds good, my mate had one, felt perky, but i bought the stagea to modify a fair bit, have 3540 .82 /ext gate/700cc injectors, has a o44 and undercarsurge tank, water/meth inj, couple of big trans coolers , just saving to get the auto trans built atm, with bigger lock up converter then will bolt turbo on and crank it up...

cheers

darren

Hopefully they deliver a reasonable 60ft given my set-up, Steve.

Andrew, I bought them from A1 Performance in WA. I bought my last set - 275 40 17 MT ET 1 from the same place. Good prices, cheaper than local despite the freight cost - warehouse is Sydney based anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

I might see if I can get out to the next street meet with the R35.

I have broken enough gear doing nines in my R33 so will keep that

for circuit racing & keep it in one piece!

Chucked the old 33 on the dyno today to check the tune prior to drag day and see if a few changes made any difference. Ended up with just over 385kW at the rears. Need a bigger or second fuel pump and larger fuel lines and should squeeze 400+. Will have to wait till later in year though. Just got to fit drag radials and I'm ready to go.