Eoi:- Private Drag Day At Adelaide 1/4 Mile. July 1St 2012

sky30

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

so i got some vids of a white r32,burgandy33 and a black 33 and munro and willal's 35 ( what happened marty ) if u want ill post some up if u dont want also say and i wont up load them to u tube

Munros 10 second daily...he has a habit of that.....

As for our car Jet looks to have an intermittent switch on one of the paddle shifters, so rather than wait two hours between runs twiddling our thumbs, we called it a day. Very low grip compared to last meeting, which means Munro will go faster :)

saw kiers last run, seemed to have trouble getting into 3rd??

good effort from munro, got a warning for 10.9? so ran a 10.7? good work.

as for whathisname, he need to be more aggresive with getting tyres warm. he will maybe update on times from him

Yep. Did what I was told. Steward said no more 10.9s...........10.7 sounds better anyway!

The Michelins are 500 compound so harder than the last Dunlops.

Yep. Did what I was told. Steward said no more 10.9s...........10.7 sounds better anyway!

John, did they talk to you after your second 10sec run?

Usually only 2 runs then they kick you out isnt it.

what preasure were you running in those tyres? would less PSI give you quicker 60foot? also would suspension on softer be any advantage like the old drag days where softer was better?

First time out at AIR for around 8 years I reckon, it was good to see some Skylines out there, look forward to getting out there again soon

Yes they came up after the 10.9 & said no more 10.9s......

Next 2 runs were 10.7s........

If I saw a steward coming towards me I ran away! haha

I dont think messing around with tyres pressures will make much difference.

If I wanted to go again it would need softer tyres & a lighter driver.

Im happy to leave it at that for now!

yep 10 second daily's are sweet

this bloke marc now has a definate 10 second daily taxi, bruce heinrich built and tuned 430 rwkw and 10.8 with a 132mph on nitto invo's 255/18's with a 1.7 60

winning for less than 10k if his last tuner didnt destroy his engine this could of been done off 5k in mods bang for buck 10's

and good to see the gt 35 having a go

Edited by JETURBO

After thinking I had hurt the botton end 'prior' to my first pass, I think I can be cut some slack for not getting aggressive in the burnout. Turns out the turbo is getting too much oil at sustained high rpm, doesn't happen on street or dyno, took a few runs to surface on strip. Comp test and leak down show engine is perfect.

In short, my times are rubbish. I didnt get one decent pass out of the three attempts. I took it easy on 1st pass, nailed it top of 2nd onwards: 12.5 @ 126+ (2.4 60ft) wheel spin. Second pass I tried a clutch slip launch, appeared to suffer clutch issues and got out of it in 3rd, got on it again three times, finally the last time it started accelerating again. The footage that evening confirmed wheel spin through 3rd, not clutch. Last pass, came off the line slow thinking I had to nurse the clutch, better burnout (decided if bottom end was on the way out I may as well do a good job) got reasonable grip through 3rd and ran a 12.2 @ 128.6 (2.48 60ft).

Engine is fine, clutch is fine, I now have a baseline with new set up. A soft 2.0 should see mid-high 11 @ 130+

Mate I will give some advice. Forget Drag racing with a RWD manual. Come out to Mallala & have a ball

with that car. You will not be able to wipe the smile off your face TRYING not to drift on a grip day!!!

Your R33 is one of the nicest cars in Adelaide. Absolute gem of a car - I LOVE it.

If you really want to drag it properly, get some proper slicks & let me show you how to do a proper burnout!!

haha. seriously, come to the next passenger track day at Mallala & stop stressing out about the drags.

I will take you for a ride in my R33 then you can follow me....I'll leave it in RWD promise..............

After thinking I had hurt the botton end 'prior' to my first pass, I think I can be cut some slack for not getting aggressive in the burnout. Turns out the turbo is getting too much oil at sustained high rpm, doesn't happen on street or dyno, took a few runs to surface on strip. Comp test and leak down show engine is perfect.

In short, my times are rubbish. I didnt get one decent pass out of the three attempts. I took it easy on 1st pass, nailed it top of 2nd onwards: 12.5 @ 126+ (2.4 60ft) wheel spin. Second pass I tried a clutch slip launch, appeared to suffer clutch issues and got out of it in 3rd, got on it again three times, finally the last time it started accelerating again. The footage that evening confirmed wheel spin through 3rd, not clutch. Last pass, came off the line slow thinking I had to nurse the clutch, better burnout (decided if bottom end was on the way out I may as well do a good job) got reasonable grip through 3rd and ran a 12.2 @ 128.6 (2.48 60ft).

Engine is fine, clutch is fine, I now have a baseline with new set up. A soft 2.0 should see mid-high 11 @ 130+

glad to hear nothing is wrong. take Munro's advise take it mallalla and have some fun. anyone can drive in a straight line, do some laps out there.

hey JETurbo thanks for posting that vid up. thats me in the V35.

it was my first time at the drags and i really enjoyed it, but i was a bit dissapointed with my best time of 14.28 (only did two runs, the first was a 14.92!)

i was expecting to go at least a second faster!

it was my first time at the drags and i really enjoyed it, but i was a bit dissapointed with my best time of 14.28 (only did two runs, the first was a 14.92!)

What mods?

How much power?

everyone does lol

good onya for having a crack

John, Matt, I set out with a goal of running as quick as possible on 17-18" rims and street radials and a few small mishaps won't stop me going back for more. I've got our JWM IPRA team to focus on when it comes to Mallala - see sig - but I like the sound of your offer, John. Count me in. Congrat's on running 10.7 @ 134. Thanks for the kind words re my car too.

Andrew, I'm planning on going again in Sept or Oct. Yeah traction issues were greater than expected.

Jet, if plates aren't obvious feel free to post YouTube clips of the Burgundy 33. Cheers.

ok ill up load it dont mind my mates in the background bagging the crap out of that white vt lol

ur car sounded like it was clutch slipping at half track and 3/4 track what was going on just the oil issue?