SAU Community

Eoi:- Private Drag Day At Adelaide 1/4 Mile. July 1St 2012

sky30

sky30, mine is a 6mt zenki, HKS GTsupercharger kit,Bilstein coilovers, 275/40 R18 Advan Sports on the rear, the standard R200vLSD and a twin plate clutch that's hard to launch with! 234rwkw on the Willall dyno.

a stock 350Z/V35 is meant to do about 14.4 so i was predicting mid 13s for my first time out..

several reasons for performing worse than expected i think:

- inexperience at drag racing and quick launches

- not enough heat in the tyres due to my piddly burnouts

- traction issues off the line

- traction issues changing to 2nd

- being a retard and hitting the rev limiter a couple of times (i think this stems from 6 years of driving a type-r integra that you had to rev the SHIT out of)

i expected not to have as much issues with traction considering my comparatively small power and torque and decent sized street tyres. lesson to be learnt i think is that, like circuit driving, tires can make a HUGE difference!

pretty keen to see if i can improve on my pb around mallala (1:23.05 in my old 118fwkw type-r).

Edited by szymonsta

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yes i have a run of u and him up loading now

he did a shocker of a launch on one run and it 4 wheeled hopped for like 10 mtrs ..................i felt the pain of the drive line lol

tyre pressure and a good burnout goes a long way. I was being a bit of a sook with my burnouts at first and not getting much traction, did a few high 13s. Dropped the tyre pressure and did a decent skid, made a 12.7. This is on 2+ year old 235/40/18

Jet, that's what i though too, clutch slipping, turns out it was wheel spin. Once we reduce the oil flow to the turbo I'll be ready to go again - should have it done by end of next week.

Thanks for the video, I'll check it out in a sec - think that was my 2nd pass when it turned the rears.

Yep, that's the second pass when it wouldnt grip, a low 113.7mph. It didn't help that the track officals noticed the previous car dropped fluid on the track and simply mopped it up with household mop! The next pass I ran 128.6mph.

Thanks for the upload of my 32

The guy in the ute ran a 12.003 but bet me on reaction time I did run an 11.5 next run and then snapped a cv lol

Can't wait to get out there again.