SAU Community

Your Favourite Restaurant's In Sydney

GTR32X

If you're not too fussy on service and can wait a bit, head over to Cooks Hill hotel - www.cookshillhotel.com.au. Amazing steak with amazing salad and amazing dressing and amazing chips. It's a decent size plate and you get both quantity and quality but half ass service since it's always so busy.

Did I mention it's amazingly priced at $10 Sunday - Thursday?

I'd go there everyday if it weren't for the misses and the line.

Edited by xntrq

Charcoal chicken - Hot Rocks in Bankstown 199 Canterbury Rd next to TC Brothers kebabs (also huge kebabs there)

Recently opened up another store 6 west Pde West Ryde.

I find the chicken at eljannahs very dry and mass produced.

Highly recommend!

Never tried Hot rocks, although I've been passed it many times. Any other options around bankstown, revesby, padstow etc? OnFire Charcoal Chicken in padstow is pretty good!

Hurricanes bar and grill, Bondi Beach or Darling Harbor

I too have had booking drama's with the darling harbour one, booked for 730 didnt get seated to 830 mains till 10pm!!!

Toko

490 crown street

surry hills

nsw australia 2010

No bookings but great food, we had the Tasting Menu was very good. Menu is online is expensive but worth it.

Recommend getting the Egg plant aswell.

Degustation - Tetsuya's 529 Kent St Sydney 9267.2900 Eatability Rating = 8.1 Expense = Exxy

One day I will go there......... one day...............

Hurricanes bar and grill, Bondi Beach or Darling Harbor

You forgot TC Brothers :D

Chicken schnitzels: pioneer tavern, northern rd, south Penrith.(next to KFC and John coots as you come off the m4)

24 different toppings to the snittys, available in s,m and l.

Monday is 2 4 1 snitty night.

Havnt had a bad one yet :D

This sounds like my kind of place :D

Talking of snittys, there's a place in Albion Park that does Pizz Snizz (or Snizz Pizz I can't remember haha) but basically you order a snitty and then pick a pizza off the menu and they put those toppings on the snitty instead.

I think it's called Pinocchios or something. In some dodgy looking shops. Dress code, very very very casual lol

have a love hate with tc brothers there either really awesome or shit seem to cycle between the two about every six months

seconding on fire chicken there chips are awesome

the jade peacock in the main drag of punchbowl does a good feed service is excelent

• 4 months later...

have a love hate with tc brothers there either really awesome or shit seem to cycle between the two about every six months

have you had jimmy's and if so, is it better than TC brothers?

hot rocks is the best charcoal chicken i've had. + chips + garlic sauce, is heaven. my gf asks me whether I'm eating chips with garlic sauce, or garlic sauce with chips. hm...........

Green Peppercorn / Holy Basil in Fairfield is a very nice Thai place

Owned by the same person but Green Peppercorn has amazing thai food and Holy Basil has the best Fried ice cream!

Besides from them i'd say Ryos (i think thats how you spell it) In North Sydney for Ramen

Flemington for the best Pho in a dodgy ally way called Pho Toan Thang

I'll be visiting some of the places you guys have suggested this weekend :D

Musashi Japanese @ Capitol Square, still my favourite for casual Japanese. Not too exxy, and great everytime.

KURA I, diagonal from market City, been there since Uni days and still rocks. Not too exxy, and they've just opened an upstairs dining area

Crinitis @ Parramatta (Harbour one side sucks) , always good pizza fix, italian fix. However has gone up in price since they got popular

hey CLNSKY whats up F4G!

after eating at Ryo's you need to drive 2min to the main st in crows nest, find this place called cafe antica, they have some of the best gelato (italian spec) on the north shore (that I know of) and all at a very reasonable price. something like 4 or 5 scoops for 10$, f*ck gelatissimo and their mass produced frozen sugar water, this is where it's at.

nick's pizza in lindfield next to coles does decent pizza, PILES on the toppings, I'd say it's about 2-3 times thickness of a pizza hut pizza but I haven't had either in a year or two - i make my own pizza now.

Musashi Japanese @ Capitol Square, still my favourite for casual Japanese. Not too exxy, and great everytime.

KURA I, diagonal from market City, been there since Uni days and still rocks. Not too exxy, and they've just opened an upstairs dining area

Crinitis @ Parramatta (Harbour one side sucks) , always good pizza fix, italian fix. However has gone up in price since they got popular

have heard opposite from friends about crinitis.

also, tried hurricanes the other week.

service was exceptional.

food, sucked.

Coal cooked Chicken- Boronia Park has always brought the goods.

Been loving the noodle house at Cabramatta lately, ive tried close to all palces around there and this has been the best so far, ( for Pho)

Been every satruday morning for the last 2 months, Toped with a sugar cane jucie ofcourse :)

Edited by sydking

is there garlic sauce?

Nah you dont need it with this stuff, Although you can buy tubs of carlic cream across the road at panettas if you must.

There chips and gravy are all you need, and if you on the run...get them to put it all in a roll :)