SAU Community

Which Aluminium Radiator?

So I cheaped out and bought a crappy chinese radiator, went to the effort of resizing the thread for the bottom temp sensor then realised that it was just going to be too much of a mission to fit this thing.

The shop I bought it from sells these as a R33 GTST radiator, but the only thing that was right with it was that the inlet and outlet were both on the right side.

The top mounts were way off, temp sensor the wrong thread and the wrong size, overall radiator size slightly smaller so the shroud didnt fit.....

Anyway I have decided to sell it and get a decent one.... So far ive got the Blitz from just jap or a PWR or a Koyo.... the blitz is about $100 cheaper than the other two....

What should I go for, or is there anything else worth while?

ohh and anyone wants a cheap aluminium radiator.....$100

I saw that one for $400 on ebay, but its got 4 days left and I need something ASAP.

I dont want go too crazy with it but I want to get something decent.... I was thinking around $600-700

It has to be available locally as well..

I saw that one for $400 on ebay, but its got 4 days left and I need something ASAP.

I dont want go too crazy with it but I want to get something decent.... I was thinking around $600-700

It has to be available locally as well..

Call Racepace then, they have an item tri-pass item for a very affordable price. Half the price of a PWR item which is basically the same thing :thumbsup:

stock works a treat

being a shit r33you can easily use a r31 radator( with minor mount changes)

the stock ausi r31 radiator is like 250 bux from nissan and shits on all aftermarket radiators( from a great height like a mother bitch)

That ASI one looks alright, is it a triple core or just one big core?

Has anyone got any pics of the Racepace item?

The ASI I had in my 32 was triple core, not sure about that 33 one though.

stock works a treat

Yeah I don't have an issue with mine so can't see the point in upgrading from the stock r33 rad.

Koyo is one of the best vaule for money imo at about 500 and I have put it through its passes with 25min continuous drifting mainly 3rd close to limiter on a 39 degree day and temps didnt go past 95.

yeah my car was overheating last time I was out on the track, thats why im upgrading..surely a thick aftermarket one is going to be better than the skinny ass factory one.

yeah my car was overheating last time I was out on the track, thats why im upgrading..surely a thick aftermarket one is going to be better than the skinny ass factory one.

you would think so

butyou would be wrong

That ASI one looks alright, is it a triple core or just one big core?

Has anyone got any pics of the Racepace item?

cant remember ,its either triple or twin...but its def not single....Im pretty sure Richo uses one in his racecar..

I was having overheating problems but havent had any since...its a good unit

Yeah I don't have an issue with mine so can't see the point in upgrading from the stock r33 rad.

some muppet had put a gts radiator in mine, i initially wanted to put a new core on the stock tanks but it worked out cheaper to get an ASI ...the welds dont look the prettiest but it does the job..