SAU Community

Which Aluminium Radiator?

some muppet had put a gts radiator in mine, i initially wanted to put a new core on the stock tanks but it worked out cheaper to get an ASI ...the welds dont look the prettiest but it does the job..

Someone did the same thing to mine!

I never even realized untill i pulled it out after i was having issues on the track with it only managing 2 laps untill it went over 100'C. Although to be fair, a 10mm single core core did quite a good job considering :) 300kw being abused on the track.

I cheaped out and got a chinese radiator too as i was getting to the stage of not spending money. The OP must have really REALLY cheaped out. As mine fit perfectly with the shroud, and the temp sensor. 52mm.

EDIT, just looked at those links. Mines exactly the same as the ASI.

Edited by gotRICE?

ISC, had 1 for over 3yrs never a drama.

I fit one of these but couldnt stop the fan from touching the shroud, after reading up on radiators etc i ended up refitting the stock one as i never had any cooling issues before and the huge alloy thing just looked out of place in my engine bay, in saying that the ISC was really cheap and the quality did look very good!!

maybe i got a design before you, cause my mate got one aswell and said he had same problem, but few small mods and it was all good,

Maybe, BUT the quality was good so for a cheap option i support the ISC recomendation :D

Mine is now in an RB26 powered S15 on here (SAU), it seems to be working well!!

• 1 year later...

Call Racepace then, they have an item tri-pass item for a very affordable price. Half the price of a PWR item which is basically the same thing http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/thumbsup.gif

Is it tri-pass or triple core ? If tri-pass I would like a pic and a ruff price if you don't mind and how did you run the bottom radiator hose as the third pass would put it on the passengers side

The problem with thick radiators is they flow to well and with both inlet and out let on same side the water goes in the top and straight down and out the bottom and not spreading across the core. If your clean factory radiator Is over heating then I'd say you have a issue some where else