SAU Community

S A U__N E W C A S T L E

GTR-34A

Ahk cool, hopefully that does something!

Do you know what made the original engine blow besides a bit of hard work?

Oil starvation to the bottom end, spun 2 bottom end bearings.i thought it was running a little ritch before the rebuild also.

If I'm bore on the laptop tonight I'll have a search for ya.

Did cleaning the Afm help then??

dont have the tools to do it properly atm since im at work not going to bother tho will just take it down to team K they are going to diagnose whats going on for me so we can fix it, they are not charging me to diagnose it either, but ill probable need an oil catch can to keep the oil out of the intake pipes and work out if its the turbos or not.

By gut to you mean remove?

No, gut. Remove wire mesh and sensor. For your car, you won't see a difference. Its only really the big HP set-ups that will see an improvements.

We I was talking with Paul the other day about it, and he showed me some flow results he had.

Ok guys work ur magic, need a cheap oil catch can for the GTR that comes with all fitting and hoses.

Red R racing catch can water bottle combo. I know he has one ready to go too.....

FYP

haha, pretty much my thoughts.. dont plan on selling it.. but, hope for the best, plan for the worst!

Not a bad idea Joel... but to be honest, my stock airbox would probably restrict more airflow then AFMs anyways, for my power goal i think efforts could be better spent elsewhere...

Red R racing catch can water bottle combo. I know he has one ready to go too.....

whats Paul charge for them? from the pic of ur car it looks good, also its similar to this one on just jap from what i can make out.

http://justjap.com/s...416&cat=&page=1

I just pulled the intake hose out and airbox hose off the top AFM was clean but the bottom one that i could not get to looks like it has shit all over it on the outside, light was shining off like like it does a greasy bit of chicken..... gona have to take a intercooler pipe off so i can get to it to give it a wipe down and pull it out, that may have to wait till tonight or tomorrow. I wiped the top one down and the inside of the pipe and it was alot cleaner then the other day no where near as much oil was almost none in the top, i think i will also reset the ECU incase the tune it has learnt while doing the run in is causing issues as i didnt take it above 5k and now im giving it to it like i would a 18yr old pro.

Edited by T4NK

haha, pretty much my thoughts.. dont plan on selling it.. but, hope for the best, plan for the worst!

Not a bad idea Joel... but to be honest, my stock airbox would probably restrict more airflow then AFMs anyways, for my power goal i think efforts could be better spent elsewhere...

Pretty sure they flow well up to 400kw or something silly!

Pretty sure they flow well up to 400kw or something silly!

yea thats what ive heard, my tuners swear that the airbox's cant make more than 300awkw or something? didnt like me putting them back in over the pods i had in there.. but i had heard many stories of them going near the 400awkw mark so i dont know..

I think you can modify the stock box to suck air from the fender, there is a hole and abit that sticks into the guard, you just need to cut the hole in the box from memory.. will look into this at the next stage though. not sure if you did this joel?

yea thats what ive heard, my tuners swear that the airbox's cant make more than 300awkw or something? didnt like me putting them back in over the pods i had in there.. but i had heard many stories of them going near the 400awkw mark so i dont know..

I think you can modify the stock box to suck air from the fender, there is a hole and abit that sticks into the guard, you just need to cut the hole in the box from memory.. will look into this at the next stage though. not sure if you did this joel?

My box has this in it stock, has a vent on the side with an induction pipe into the fender also

Yeah as long as the holes are cut on the other side of the filter so that it still does its job you could do mods, basically the intake side like that should not be restricting your power, if i had the room i would have run a stock airbox too! Because you know, my car is stock and stuff!