SAU Community

S A U__N E W C A S T L E

GTR-34A

Beni supras are f**kin gay go to the supra forums

I can't wait to proove you guys wrong once I eventually save enough to buy a Supra haha.

ive got a 34R thinking of getting a 911 GT2 and you suggest a supra?....

what type of response were you expecting benji? haha

Lol, yeah but not just any Supra though, its Smokey's RB26 Supra which was made famous in Option dvd's etc.

If you like 911 and like track then go buy a 911 GT3 Cup car. They aren't as expensive as you might think, quite easy to maintain, and I don't think there is an easier way to lap a couple seconds off V8 supercar pace.

Supra- overweight and made for wealthy businessmen.

Supras only weigh about 20kg heavier than R33 GTR/R34 GTR.

You can easily minimise the weight of them.

Plus they were pretty successful in the JGTC series in Japan.

Orido "The Rodeo King" pilots a 500hp Supra for his daily driver.

Supra_AD08.15544.jpg

Really?...

i thought a GT3 was a club/race version of the carrera and the GT2 was a club/race version of the Turbo.

The turbo being far quicker than a carrera, i would only assume a GT2 would be far quicker than a GT3.

I thought the body setup between the GT2 and 3 would be similar, but the GT2 has the bigger rear end and wheels and more power etc...

I dont know heaps about the the GT3, but thats just my thoughts.. may need to do some more research ha

Ah, your missing what I've said all along. Gt3 CUP car. It's the factory made race car to compete in the various one make series round the world. They make a road going version of the gt3, but the race version is obviously more hardcore. Go to my105 and look up gt3 cup cars. Obviously it's race only, can't be road registered. There are 996 and 997 versions, and you can pick one up cheaper than the Gt2. It's a trailer to track car, but they are the reason wtac bans rear engine cars, otherwise they'd win everything.

ahh right ok..

yea thats fair enough, not looking for an all out track car though. more just a fun weekend car that would see the track here and there..

and as road going ones go, i believe, in the 996 range anyways, the gt2 is faster than the gt3, but not hugely. but i like the idea and styling of the gt2 over the gt3 (always loved turbo cars).

Really??????!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll keep my fancy Datsun over a fancy VW thanks

HA yea..

Have a soft spot for 911s... And the one I'm thinking of i see as great value for a gt2.. I don't think I could sell the gtr though, so maybe just put off buying a house.... Again.... And have both haha

haha its the same weight as a gtr but its rwd? and its faster?? makes no sense.

no one cares about your supra your going to buy benji in 20 years when you finish uni, well all hve r35s by then, gtfo

hahaha ant buy a farkin house first ya knob!

HA yea..

Have a soft spot for 911s... And the one I'm thinking of i see as great value for a gt2.. I don't think I could sell the gtr though, so maybe just put off buying a house.... Again.... And have both haha

That works but wouldn't the misuses be upset about that

haha its the same weight as a gtr but its rwd? and its faster?? makes no sense.

no one cares about your supra your going to buy benji in 20 years when you finish uni, well all hve r35s by then, gtfo

hahaha ant buy a farkin house first ya knob!

I bet Benji goes on Supra forums and says how great his S15 is.

Actually Ant get house first and VW later

Okay....I am getting excitement quivers...

Why?

Well because the rear pads arrived today from the UK

soo brakes are going in tomorrow!!!!

(RDA Slotted Rotors, EBC greenstuff pads, New hardware kits, new silicone caliper hoses).

=D

Why the f**k would you order pads from the UK when you can get them local?

Good stuff benji, but i would throw the silicon brake line hoses in the bin. I beleive heat in the brake area will be to high and will potentially cause the hoses to soften - there only rated to ~100deg

Braided lines or stock rubber in that area.

Edited by wedge_r34gtr

Why the f**k would you order pads from the UK when you can get them local?

They must have been out of stock in Aus....

Either that or they were cheaper from the UK (as thats where theyre made)....

I didn't order them haha.

Good stuff benji, but i would throw the silicon brake line hoses in the bin. I beleive heat in the brake area will be to high and will potentially cause the hoses to soften - there only rated to ~100deg

Thanks!

Yeah, not sure if theyre silicone...I think maybe theyre just rubber, not 100% sure.

I didn't get the order organised for the brakes.

Having read this post for your own safety and everyone else's do NOT use the silicon hoses

Having read this post for your own safety and everyone else's do NOT use the silicon hoses

Yeah, I think I must of got mixed up with the silicone hoses thing...I assume they'd just be rubber.

Not even sure whether they make silicone hoses for calipers..(dont think they do)

So I'll find out tomorrow.

Hey Matt

Got your message and have passed it on

Thunderbirds are go fr Thursday

Thanks man, appreciate it!!!!

Benji real cars fit Pads and Rotors..... Wtf is a hardware kit? Are you fitting a bench vice to your control arm?

Thanks!

Yeah, not sure if theyre silicone...I think maybe theyre just rubber, not 100% sure.

I didn't get the order organised for the brakes.

Didn't know if you just ordered off the shelf silicon hose line or a kit...but yeah... never heard of anyone using silicon hose for brake lines.

Edited by wedge_r34gtr