SAU Community

S A U__N E W C A S T L E

GTR-34A

Was dry yeah :D great weather.

His fuel is leaning out every now and then but it goes hard for 800ish metres so he's at the airport strip today :)

Then it's going straight to jem

Sounds like a strange problem....

I thought u were changing the ecu?

I am doing the ECU but not just yet, but yeh we have it sorted now.

So after a few hours with DVS Jez this morning, we have swaped AFM (made a little difference but still no boost) we then changed the spark plugs but still no boost, after that Jez hit a light bulb and pulled my ECU out and low and behold it has been flash chipped in japan with some crazy remap it seems. on the dyno the fuel stayed flat through the whole power band and it is supposed to drop off towards the end with the stock ECU's. We then cut the knock sensors off and bypassed them (car was on the dyno a few days ago and timing was adjusted) and put in the coil packs from his drift car and boom, boost was restored, im running it this weekend to test to make sure its fixed and on Monday/Tuesday putting my parts back in 1 by 1 to see if it fails. But it looks like its the coil packs or the knock sensor that was the issue.

My money is on the Knock sensor because when we ran the diagnostic on the road the timing was going from around 25 to 13 when it was supposed to come on boost like it was picking up a knock that was not there so the sensors may be on the way out.

so big thanks to Jez for his time today and finding the issue with this bitch of a car lol.

mat just realised he is a post whore :D

nah ive been pretty flat out with shit lately because emma has had her end of year exams ive been doing EVERYTHING at home.

shes finally finished for the year so i have my own little slave ;)

dont let her hear that though!!

"chop chop, dig dig, chop chop, dig dig."

yea ive been pretty busy, should be on here abit more now though...

trying to get bits for my wheels, talking to some guys in the states that can provide center cap adaptors for my SL's, and center caps, and yellow stickers hopefully. should know in the next couple of days. should look pretty good once finished hopefully!

think this thread is dying, or you guys are actually working hard at work ha

Actually I think it's a comp between you and Benji as to who has the least amount of posts in this thread

Oh and while I think of it does anyone wanna do Xmas drinks sometime in Dec or we all to busy?

nah i came second in the standard rwd class martin. for being a fast mother f**ker! final best time was 1.16.4

i focused all my efforts to 1 lap of pushing the car to its limits on every corner but did f**k up a bit (didnt brake 100% and didnt have the best line on a few corners) could have gotten in the 15s but my skills arent consistent enough yet :(

1st was a s14 with more power, braking, suspension, less weight he got 1.10 or something.

pretty happy with my efforts considering i had a 300kw gtt behind me for a whole session, with brembos gtr seats etc and he could only catch me on the straights, lost him on the other half of the track every lap with my awesome suspension (ay martin hah).

mat got best gtst in show and shine and chookie got lowest of the low award.

ant would have got most look alike to big bird but i think the nitto 34 gtr won that.

yea ive been pretty busy, should be on here abit more now though...

trying to get bits for my wheels, talking to some guys in the states that can provide center cap adaptors for my SL's, and center caps, and yellow stickers hopefully. should know in the next couple of days. should look pretty good once finished hopefully!

hi Ant, can you send me some info on the sl centre caps. i've just about talked myself into buying set :-)

he had everything thing aloud, and i have an exhaust haha.

pft as if martin, i see no results, only talking!

stock for stock a silvia would kick a skylines ass around wakie too cause its such a cornering intensive circuit and they are so light weight and shiiii