SAU Community

S A U__N E W C A S T L E

GTR-34A

Ahk cool, hopefully that does something!

Do you know what made the original engine blow besides a bit of hard work?

Oil starvation to the bottom end, spun 2 bottom end bearings.i thought it was running a little ritch before the rebuild also.

If I'm bore on the laptop tonight I'll have a search for ya.

Did cleaning the Afm help then??

dont have the tools to do it properly atm since im at work not going to bother tho will just take it down to team K they are going to diagnose whats going on for me so we can fix it, they are not charging me to diagnose it either, but ill probable need an oil catch can to keep the oil out of the intake pipes and work out if its the turbos or not.

By gut to you mean remove?

No, gut. Remove wire mesh and sensor. For your car, you won't see a difference. Its only really the big HP set-ups that will see an improvements.

We I was talking with Paul the other day about it, and he showed me some flow results he had.

Ok guys work ur magic, need a cheap oil catch can for the GTR that comes with all fitting and hoses.

Red R racing catch can water bottle combo. I know he has one ready to go too.....

FYP

haha, pretty much my thoughts.. dont plan on selling it.. but, hope for the best, plan for the worst!

Not a bad idea Joel... but to be honest, my stock airbox would probably restrict more airflow then AFMs anyways, for my power goal i think efforts could be better spent elsewhere...

Red R racing catch can water bottle combo. I know he has one ready to go too.....

whats Paul charge for them? from the pic of ur car it looks good, also its similar to this one on just jap from what i can make out.

http://justjap.com/s...416&cat=&page=1

I just pulled the intake hose out and airbox hose off the top AFM was clean but the bottom one that i could not get to looks like it has shit all over it on the outside, light was shining off like like it does a greasy bit of chicken..... gona have to take a intercooler pipe off so i can get to it to give it a wipe down and pull it out, that may have to wait till tonight or tomorrow. I wiped the top one down and the inside of the pipe and it was alot cleaner then the other day no where near as much oil was almost none in the top, i think i will also reset the ECU incase the tune it has learnt while doing the run in is causing issues as i didnt take it above 5k and now im giving it to it like i would a 18yr old pro.

Edited by T4NK

haha, pretty much my thoughts.. dont plan on selling it.. but, hope for the best, plan for the worst!

Not a bad idea Joel... but to be honest, my stock airbox would probably restrict more airflow then AFMs anyways, for my power goal i think efforts could be better spent elsewhere...

Pretty sure they flow well up to 400kw or something silly!

Pretty sure they flow well up to 400kw or something silly!

yea thats what ive heard, my tuners swear that the airbox's cant make more than 300awkw or something? didnt like me putting them back in over the pods i had in there.. but i had heard many stories of them going near the 400awkw mark so i dont know..

I think you can modify the stock box to suck air from the fender, there is a hole and abit that sticks into the guard, you just need to cut the hole in the box from memory.. will look into this at the next stage though. not sure if you did this joel?

yea thats what ive heard, my tuners swear that the airbox's cant make more than 300awkw or something? didnt like me putting them back in over the pods i had in there.. but i had heard many stories of them going near the 400awkw mark so i dont know..

I think you can modify the stock box to suck air from the fender, there is a hole and abit that sticks into the guard, you just need to cut the hole in the box from memory.. will look into this at the next stage though. not sure if you did this joel?

My box has this in it stock, has a vent on the side with an induction pipe into the fender also

Yeah as long as the holes are cut on the other side of the filter so that it still does its job you could do mods, basically the intake side like that should not be restricting your power, if i had the room i would have run a stock airbox too! Because you know, my car is stock and stuff!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Latest Posts

• Oh also, looks like it will be 3-4 weeks before they arrive - so no coolant change until then 😕
    • @soviet_merlin Managed to find my part and get it off Amayama. While I was at it and paying 9.75 AUD shipping for a $1 piece, I thought I may as well get some other plastic clips I broke 🙈  Thanks a lot for this link
    • The point of all that for me was to get to the PDM (yes, v37 is as fancy as a haltech) which is between the battery and the front inner guard.  In there, pins 80 and 81 on connector E125 are for hi beam according to the USDM manuals. I chose to intercept the high beam signal there as it is next to the battery and firewall so it is a good place to mount the fuse/relay for the LEDs. Unfortunately because you can't access the PDM with the battery in the car, it is difficult to test those wires are correct. The fuses for Left and Right high beam are marked on the PDM cover, so I checked continuity from the fuses to those pins with a multimeter, and it seems to be right. From here I need to splice a wire into one of those 2, and run it into the cabin for a switch, then run the trigger wire back to that general location for the relay. So, I removed the driver's side guard liner to check out where the wiring leaves the engine bay and enters the cabin.  Turns out, that does not happen behind in guard liner at all....waste of time, nothing is routed through there, so that was another 5 pin clips, 4 screws and a bolt of wasted effort All of the wiring is actually run across the separate compartment between the engine bay and the cabin under the cowling...so off with the windscreen wipers after all....
    • So....the good news is you don't have to remove the windscreen wipers to replace the 12v battery in a v37 (just). You do however have to remove: 1. Battery area cover (un clips) 2. Battery area trim (pin clips) 3. Nav side windscreen cowling (more pin clips, plus the trim between the cowling and the front guard, and half of the cowling to bonnet seal All of that gets you to here, with clear access to the battery While there, it is worth clearing out the leaves and dirt that run from the cowling into that well, my car had a lot of crap there and it is a guaranteed future rust hotspot
    • Onto trickier matters....this time of year a LED light bar makes a massive difference to avoid skippies etc, so that was the first main priority. Unfortunately unlike both the Cima and the Fuga, there is no chance for a large central light bar inside the grille due to all of the redsport bits already there (intercooler radiator, extra water pump, sonar stuff). So this time I've gone a pair of 8" light bars which does have the benefit that they can be angled outwards a little as well. First, bumper needs to come off as there is no way to access the space behind the grill with it in place. Unlike the R32 which is (now) held on with 2 screws, the v37 had about 30 pin clips, 20 bolts and also 6 clips holding the damn thing on. Basically you remove the intake (clips), the top side covers (nasty clips) to get at 2 bolts, the front of the undertray (about 15 bolts and 3 clips), the front side inner guard covers (3 bolts and a couple of clips each) to get at the bolts at the rear of the bump in the wheel well, and then 3 clips near the headlight (outside, then under headlight, then above headlight) As part of that process the car got its first "race" mod so you can get at the top bumper bolts without removing the trim. There are also about 8 different electrical connectors which are in grave danger of being cut and replaced by one multi pin deutsch connector one day. On the bright side it is clear the bumper had never been off by how tight the connectors were. Once off, you can see there is very little space to work with. The lower section was not an option as the angle to the road would suck, plus the sonar module would push everything too far to the centre So I mounted the left side bracket to just clear the water pump (a miss is as good as a mile, they say) and the horn has been moved backwards too. The brackets on these Narva lights were a nice height to clear the front reo, and I just drilled and rivnut-ed into the reo (angle drills suck, but at least it made the job possible) With both mounted Minor adjustments to horn locations but everything else cleared. Those horns may well get moved / one deleted depending on how the cooling is on hot days, they were moved well to the side in the R32 Next, onto the wiring which will be a pain...