SAU Community

S A U__N E W C A S T L E

GTR-34A

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure it's the other way round mate.

Who's telling you this? The seller?

-9s are An updated version of the -7s, pretty much the same response as the -7s but flow a fair amount more. -9s on the same set up make more than the -7s etc...

i spoke with DVS Jez, and a few other ppl they will make the same power diff is, the -7s have more top end and the -9s have a bit more down low, but in the end they will both do the same job.

also ill be getting a platnum pro plugin for her.

Edited by T4NK

i spoke with DVS Jez, and a few other ppl they will make the same power diff is, the -7s have more top end and the -9s have a bit more down low, but in the end they will both do the same job.

yea fair enough, i really thought it was the other way round though. -9s being slightly bigger but better in design, therefore only a tiny bit more lag than the -7s but more top end..

i was fairly certain the -7s were the smallest upgrade turbos you could buy, but there is so much confusion around these turbos that i wouldnt be suprised if i had it wrong haha..

Wedge you know abit about this dont you?

The only difference between them that i can find was the exhaust wheel 1 was like 3mm bigger then the other or somehting like that. But i cant wait 3 weeks for -9s anyway so -7s will have to do im over all teh waiting and f**king around, just want it to run so i can enjoy the car.

yea fair enough mate.

just be easy on the clutch when you get it back, its generally the weakest part of the car from stock. and it is advisted when going with bigger turbos to upgrade it etc..

you doing anything else bar turbos and computer?

yea fair enough, i really thought it was the other way round though. -9s being slightly bigger but better in design, therefore only a tiny bit more lag than the -7s but more top end..

i was fairly certain the -7s were the smallest upgrade turbos you could buy, but there is so much confusion around these turbos that i wouldnt be suprised if i had it wrong haha..

Wedge you know abit about this dont you?

I'm not 100% sure but i believe the exhaust housing is slightly different design on the -9 too.

-7's = r34 n1 turbos

-9's ARE HKS GTSS turbos

The graphs i looked at when researching turbos showed <150rpm difference between the two (-9's been slightly worse), but the -9's usually had the better top end (10-15kw's), however this is highly dependent on supporting mods and i couldn't find any back to back comparisons (who's going to waste 2.5k to go from 7's to 9's unless the've blown a turbo)

TBH throw 20-24psi through either of them and your going to be making ~330awkw and absolutly exstatic. You can't really be disappointed with that.

Edited by wedge_r34gtr

Good stuff - that means all three of us a runing platniums.

all this talk of turbos is making me very keen for the next stage on mine..

seriously going to have to consider E85 i think.. have seen results with a similar planned setup as mine making 370awkw!

will be hard to pass that potential up i think..

all this talk of turbos is making me very keen for the next stage on mine..

seriously going to have to consider E85 i think.. have seen results with a similar planned setup as mine making 370awkw!

will be hard to pass that potential up i think..

Yep - I've been saying for a while i rekon it would be possible to crack 400awkw with E85 with 9's.

Someones 34nur in melburne made 379awkw with 7's (stock n1's) and E85 recently.

Yea I reckon 400 would be too much for those turbos... Could probably get a dyno to read it, but how accurate?...

I'm pretty sure both run out of puff around 22-24psi?...which would restrict huge top end power etc...

yea fair enough mate.

just be easy on the clutch when you get it back, its generally the weakest part of the car from stock. and it is advisted when going with bigger turbos to upgrade it etc..

you doing anything else bar turbos and computer?

Yep, going to do mid pipe on my exhaust since the cat back is 3 and a half inch and so are the dumps but has the stock mid pipe, also needs a new clutch as mine is almost shagged, will do injectors and maybe fuel pump with the ECU, then after i have it all sorted in a year or so i may put a big single on it when i get another car as a daily, and go for massive power since the engine is built for it.

ohh and i hope everyone has taken the restrictor out of the side of the stock air box to, it just pops out 2 clips just use a flat head screwdriver, will double the air into the box, i can now hear my car sucking in that sweet sweet air as i thunder down the roads lol.

Edited by T4NK