SAU Community

Diesel Astra Exhaust

i know its a bit off topic, but i have a diesel astra and thinking of puting an exhaust on for a little more power, i was thinking, highflow cat, and 2.15/2.5 piping and muffler, what do you think?

Edited by drift nut

define little gains?

As in, probably not anything you will legitimately notice, though you might get a nice placebo effect. I'd say don't bother, end of the day it's a workhorse diesel Astra, trying to make it faster is a waste of time/money.

Is it a turbo? If its not dont bother and gtfo of the FORCED INDUCTION thread..:P

If it is however, at the end of the day a restriction is a restriction and if you can remove restriction I say do it..

Weighing up gain per dollar is down to personal choice, if the cost is minimal then you have nothing to lose..

I know for sure. If I didn't have my skyline my diesel Ute would be getting a bigger intercooler, unichip and a bigger exhaust, would only gain me 20-30kws ,more torque and a better feel. But cost per mod I get far greater gains on the skyline so all my kids money goes there.. :)

Turbo diesel dont bother either :)

The only thing you will do is put the car into fault by changing the exhaust they dont run cat converters their diesel particulate filters, disrupting the pressure will throw a fault and good luck after that the most common issue with ur astra that u will see is around 150,000klm ur egr flaps on the inlet will clog up and thats $2000 job so save up lol

Huh? I've heard of people tuning the turbo diesel Astras and upping the boost on them...surely changing the exhaust system is a part of the process at some point?

So all these guys that are spending ridiculous amounts of money on the new diesel fourbys to gain a handful of kws....

is it all a big flog or are there worthwhile gains to be had...

i have seen some mighty fast diesels on utube and such, but the really quick ones never seem streetable..they will have a heap of power at a certain point in the rev range and be totally useless everywhere else..

Ye its totally different power, possible but u can throw every other aspect of the vehicle out the window in terms of driveability etc

Standard diesel astras are quick anyway no need to modify if anything try find a injector box best upgrade without the headaches

Looks good, i work on 4x4s mostly so patrols landcruisers navaras etc we use rapid boxes nowdays well its what i usually see espicially on the cr's

The rapid? Ye awesome but sometimes weird shit happens today 100 series came in on a tow truck with no starting unPlug the rapid boom runs lol but apparently it over heated.... That ebay link ive never seen before...

My dad is a diesel mechanic, has one of these: http://www.dpchip.com/home/

Had it for a while, had one on his Audi Q7 and that picked up about 25kW, when they swapped to the A5 Sportback had it flashed and pickup wasn't as significant but still a pickup. Ended up buying another one for his new Amarok, and sees an increase in power and economy.

Not sure about that ebay one in particular but the DP Chips are worth it.