SAU Community

Buyer Beware

novus32

I'm not sure if whiteboy ever got told the truth about his turbo and parts......

Short story is it wa sold him and never delivered now posted

BSA then sold it to another guy and the car came to my shop for BSA to fit the thing and do a dodgy external gate modification.

The gate modification was an abortion and he manged to destroy my holesaw in the process, it was a waste of good welding gas too!

The job was half done before Blake had to go back to working on the trailer he was doing for me. So he got one of his "mates" Luke to come up and finish the turbo installation job.

Luke did a decent job and the dump pipe/screamer was then fabricated out of offcut bits of scrap that BSA had laying around everywhere.

The car then got driven home by BSA and returned to the owner.

Luke was and still is owed $300 for his time spent finishing the job......

The turbo which belonged to whiteboy is still on another car which has some rude dump pipe hanging off the back of it.

Whiteboy hasn't been repaid what he was owed (no surprises there)

I believe the reason BSA never sent the turbo/exhaust etc is the fact that he didn't have the exhaust etc and the condition of what je did have was so under par it wasn't worth sending! Same as the intercooler kit!

Blake has been given untill the 6th to begin repaying me the money I've been duded. It has been made very clear to him that should he miss a payment or have any bullshit banking issues there will be debt collectors knocking on his/his parents door.

I already have the address to send them too and already have the right group of debt collectors to send, they have been very successful in the past.

It's also worth mentioning that the only asset BSA has is an e36 BMW which he purchased very recently (presumably with all of your money)

I made the offer to square his debt if he signed the rego papers over to me. I don't believe the car has even been transfered into his name though as when the plates were run it's owned by someone else.....

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe I should look at debt collectors as well?

Is it possible to do a joint collection from the people he has ripped off. If we all get together we can get our money back!

Not quite that easy.

The people I use handle all of my Problems and are very efficient. It does cost a few bucks but if it means I recover 80% of what's owed it's well worth it.

Bsa's problem is his broke and really only has one asset that's not worth the sum of what he owes.

This Friday his due to make the first payment to me. If it's not there he has been warned I'll be sending collectors.

The other way for people to act is to file a small claims case

Yehh, you just gotta keep in mind that debt collectors can't just magically go and get assets that Blake doesn't have. The man is broke, if he doesn't have your money and he doesn't have any assets to the value of your money then there's nothing debt collectors can do. Debt collectors also don't have THAT much power to do anything, not legally anyway. Really they just send persistent letters and legal ultimatums, they aren't allowed to intimidate, embarrass or demoralize anyone.

The best way to go about it would be to file a tort, or small claims case as Brad pointed out. Then the courts can determine what assets Blake has that can be liquidated. The problem is... It's lengthy and often expensive. For the sake of $700, it's probably not worth it, you're more likely to be better off just cutting your losses now.

Our debt collector is a chick and she got money out of Brett Stevens the useless carnt. If they have money there is a good chance you can get it. If not, well you might only get a portion of whats owed.

If only everyone was legitimate when doing business!

Good luck to everyone! Hope you get your money returned..

There are debt collectors and there are "debt collectors".

If I was this BSA bloke id start doing something to repay his debts.

"Debt collectors" are the best to use... So long as you leave no trace back to the company who ordered them be sent...

So how has he gone with making the payment?

says he lives in wollongong, What was the rego plates of the BMW?

nuthin as of yet..

im just happy to come back home after work knowing that no kit will be arriving and 550 went to mad wastage

I have received the 1st of several repayments that was agreed by Blake.

I know he is still reading sau and I will reassure him I'll stay true to my word if he stays true to his.

• 3 weeks later...

SAU probs wont get their hands dirty, and most likely, keep Bsa as a member of this forum.

for the rest of you buyers needing custom fabrication from this forum..just be extra cautious please :) your hard earnt money could fall for the same trap as myself.

i thought this forum was safe with legit people, if i knew i was gunna be jacked, i wouldnt have signed up.

goodluck to the rest of you and thanks for reading.

1. Which Admin did you report all of this to? With all the email, PM - and whatever other evidence you have?

2. What independent checks did you do first to ensure you were dealing with a legitimate and accountable business?

3. All approved SAU traders must go through a set amount of checks first and supply us with sufficient details. Not all businesses get approved, of that you can be certain as we reject quite a few.

4. It's a case of buyer beware. If you want to give money to users, or businesses (who, are circumventing SAU trading rules) - It's all at your own risk. We try to help where we can, but a fool and his money are soon parted unfortunately. We have lives, jobs, friends, hobbies outside of this place... Yet still have managed to get countless people's money back over the years, all are at least grateful.

Either way, don't come back here attacking site Admin for what is essentially your own fault. If you could give me one reasonable and legitimate reason why this is SAU's problem, and not yours - I'm all ears.

Mind you, this site, you do not pay to use. We do this job for you guys - for the love of it and nothing more.

I can understand you are a bit upset about being stooged, but end of the day this is an experience you either get over and learn from, or stay bitter about until the end of time.