SAU Community

help T8833d or t51R kai ?

which one ? I have got a choice of using either of the turbos on a

rb 30 all I can find out is that the hks will flow 800 & the greedy 820hp apart from this will there be any marked difference, ie being a later design will the t 51 be more effecient & hence spool up quicker giving boost earlier ?????????????? or is the greedy the 'one' to use, cams are 280& 290 with 11.2 lift, bottom end is a giken 3 litre kit

help would be really appreciated, the only spec sheet I could find was this one, unfortunatly it tells you very little about the greedy.

http://www.driftcentral.com/content_turboi...hp?tinfo=ttable

You don't have the option to try different turbine housings to adjust the boost curve with the HKS units. Both are rebuildable so it's not an advantage either way. There are more options with compressor as well with the Greddy T88 series. The T88's also weight alot more and are physically larger than the HKS units. Is the Kai a ball bearing one?

I had a t88-33d on my rb25 - not much of lag difference between it and the gt30 ( knowing that both turbo's are completely different and the t88 being able to flow much more and was not bb). The t88 i had was a great turbo. Supposedly rated at 850hp?? can some one confirm the hp rating of t88-33d's.

I can recommend the t88 though i do not know much about the other turbo.

http://www.driftcentral.com/content_turboi...hp?tinfo=ttable

it's here, 820 hp

I have just been told that the diamentions of the t88 34 D are very similar to the kai, so if the wheel sizes are the same as the 34 D & it only flows 800 as opposed to the t88 34s 850 ,it is not looking as good as the greedy ? or is this a compromise & it spools easier?

http://forums.skylinesdownunder.co.nz/show...ght=turbo+specs

so check this chart out, it gives the comparisons but I must admit I do not know what it will mean in real terms ? I see the comp ave on the 51 is higher ( whats comp ave ?) & all the sizes with the exception of the inducer major dia are bigger!(does this mean that it's got a bigger exhaust wheel) ? but on the other list It say's that the 51 flows 800 against 820 for the t8833d, what does comp ave mean ? what I am really trying to establish is which one, if any will be more road drivable ?

is the first list accurate at 800 for the kai?

Funky: I can't remember which edition but it was earlier in the year. Do scan it, was an interesting comparison.

Would do it myself but I'm too lazy to search they're all stacked in the corner along with all the other editions of Options/2, RevSpeed, Skyline, LanEvo, RX-7...;)