SAU Community

Hi All From The Wild West

Hey I'm Ash and I've just become the VERY proud owner or a 2003 Stagea AR-X FOUR

I paid 15K for it and am chuffed to pieces with it.

and yes first time i took it out a mate asked if it was a Volvo....so i feel part of the club already!

4 questions:

1. has anyone lowered an AR-X and kept the arch guards....how does it look?

2. can you fit a dump valve on an auto...or does it just sound Gay?

3. where can i get an Australian sat nav disc from, I've contacted Nigel about getting the screen translated but not heared back from him yet.

4 how do you pronaunce "Stagea" ..Stag-e-a, Stage-e-a, Stager, Stadger, stadgier.....HEWLP!!!?

anyhoo newbee signing out.....see you at the next cruze?

Edited by Ozzyash

Welcome to the stagea club.

They come from factory with a blow off valve ( dump valve) but its recurculating type as they need to be for legalities. The sat nav will not work in Australia as no maps to suit are not available nor are they likely to be. Yes the ARX looks good lowered with the plastic over fenders. Look through the thread of pics of your ride and you'll see some members cars.

First mods people do and will tell you to do are, a/market dump pipe (3 versions available in oz) Transgo shift kit and trans cooler, good air filter and cold air duct and then I'd fit a plenum spacer. From there it's suspension and swaybars.

Enjoy, heaps of helpfull guys on here but make sure to have a good search first for any questions as most of its been covered before.

Cheers.

Edited by slippylotion

^^ what he said.

Look for pictures of Jetwreck's fat whale and Aaron's old car. Both lowered AR-Xs. They actually look pretty good.

Nigel is the WA contact for translation (http://www.xanavi.com.au/Xanavi/Xanavi_Language.html), but don't hold your breath for Australian discs.

Enjoy the car!

Hi great to see another ARX in the forum, I havent lowered my ARX but change the big wheels to a premium 35 wheels slight difference on the stance. I'm getting more aggressive wheels and will lower it when I get my coilovers - will roll the guard but will definitely need to cut some of the plastic arches well thats how we can see it. Good luck and show photos

stay-ja ,but with your accents it will propably sound weird :)

I can't believe the amount of people you come across that can't pronounce it. The other one people always get wrong it Cefiro. They say cef eye ro, wtf.

But yes, it's stay-ja

Edited by slippylotion

Hi Ozzyash, I'm over here in the less then wild west too. We recently brought one in - Silver with Black cow and aero. You certainly picked up a great deal.

I recently moved over to the wild west as well, If you guys have any tips dealing with the DOT and transferring plates that'd be great :P

Where do you guys go to get your car serviced/worked on?

Cheers

Nick

Hi Ash, and welcome to the forum! There is state based sections on the main index, and the wa section is quite active, with for sales, and cruises. Make sure you check it out.

If you have issues or think of mods, have a search, it's probably been mentioned before. As has been said, atmo bov is the ghey. It's got a factory one, and works fine for all but extreme power levels. Nothing to be gained there except for the noise- money better spent on sway bars or brakes or more powarhs!

Yup, you can lower the arx. You just can't run the same low offset wheels as a rs or Rx can, because the plastic interferes with the wheel a bit more.

Thanks for the comment in my thread!