SAU Community

Has Anyone Tried Dfas Performance Chip From Ebay

Fellow Wagoners

Just want to know if anyone has tried one of those DFAS Chips from Ebay....

And if anyone has had any success with them.....Like ironing out the 5k rpm hiccup .....

Im looking at getting Nis-tune done But just interested if anyone has tried this....

Cheers

While I'm not as anti those chips/ecus as most, I'd still recommend saving your bucks and going the Nistune/PFC/any other ECU route.

I've never actually heard of DFAS before, but that doesn't mean they are crap. I'd still say save your moolah.

Theres only 1 possible outcome from buying a "chip" off ebay. U'll get scammed! Chips only damage your engine nothing more. Most of them are just a basic program that tells the ecu either to leave the choke on all the time or 1 other value. Worst one i heard of made the ecu advance the timing all the way. Dont even consider buying a "chip". If u cant afford a nistune as a minimum, dont mess with the ecu.

Its the same as the jaycar kit which was discussed here http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Jaycar-Boost-Fuel-Contro-t61207.html - the link is now dead so wont be very helpful to you :P

Its not a chip, it modifies the voltage from the AFM.. its ooookaaay for a very basic way to get rid of the boost cut on a fairly standard car but you could buy a z32 ecu and eprom chip + burner for around the same price which will be 1000X better than this kit

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/DFAS-performance-chip-Fuel-Controller-Nissan-Stagea-/270619136281?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f02285119

Its a voltage clamp, so adjustment is very limited & has inheirent problems. If you do use it, make sure you tune it on a dyno & watch the AFR carefully! Turbosmart, HKS, Gizzmo & a few other brands offer similar gadgets! Not a bad idea, but a bandaid solution at best, as already suggested a proper ECU management system is best, hence use with caution!

Yep, it's a rebadged Jaycar fuel adjuster. Essentially the same as a SAFC or other gizmos as per post above.

Check out Sydney kid's thread here (all 50+ pages) http://www.skylinesa...fuel%20adjuster for all the pros & cons.

Nothing wrong with it if you take care & like DIY tuning with a wideband oxy meter. I wouldn't recommend it if you are going wild on the mods though.

Edited by Commsman

Theres only 1 possible outcome from buying a "chip" off ebay. U'll get scammed! Chips only damage your engine nothing more. Most of them are just a basic program that tells the ecu either to leave the choke on all the time or 1 other value. Worst one i heard of made the ecu advance the timing all the way. Dont even consider buying a "chip". If u cant afford a nistune as a minimum, dont mess with the ecu.

yes, because nissan have been using chokes in their fuel injected cars since 1975. advancing the timing 'all the way' is the only way to do it properly. moron.

back to reality, im with leon, its a rebadged jaycar kit and not a bad piece of kit, assuming you know what to do with it.

or for $260 you can buy a Nistune. Sure it needs to be fitted and tuned but then again so does the voltage bender plus you get a whole lot more for your money with a fully tunable ecu.

I would save your money and do it the better way.

Thanks for the input .......I will still go with the Nistune but just came across it searching for other stuff.......and wanted to know what others thought.....

It seams more like a bandaid fix....

Thanks for the input .......I will still go with the Nistune but just came across it searching for other stuff.......and wanted to know what others thought.....

It seams more like a bandaid fix....

Nistune is a good choice for a C34. Sadly not an option for a M35.

However, those devices can be more than 'a bandaid fix' if done right & icw supporting mods.

dont listen to raysboostin, he obviously didnt check out the auction and just offered his 2cents which is completely irrelevant to this discussion

check what auction?? there was no link posted. seeing as others have posted saying its just a jaycar fuel adjuster, but their selling it as a "chip". certainly sounds like a scam to me.

yes, because nissan have been using chokes in their fuel injected cars since 1975. advancing the timing 'all the way' is the only way to do it properly. moron.

back to reality, im with leon, its a rebadged jaycar kit and not a bad piece of kit, assuming you know what to do with it.

pull your head in dipstick! just because i said "choke" instead of cold start map doesn't invalidate the point. last time i checked, advancing the timing all the way to maximum while changing nothing else was a bad idea. if thats the way to "do it properly", explain why the aren't like that to start with??

i agree the jaycar unit is fine, but saying "assuming you know what to do with it" is a bloody big assumption! messing around with the fuel map is a dangerous (as in engine failure) game, unless you've got the know how and tools (like a very accurate air/fuel ratio meter) to do it right. especially when we have no idea of the level of modification done to the car, or what fritters77 is looking to get out of it power wise. so the best advise to give someone (that made no mention of mods, power expectations, tuning skills or even mechanical know how) is to have it done professionally.

well, a choke is something different to a cold start map. a choke is something physical and not present on an EFI setup.

of course advancing the timing 'all the way' is bad. did you not detect my sarcasm after the previous comment?

no link posted to the auction? damn! how do i find things in ebay? ohh i search!