SAU Community

Filling Up

Jack-

Hey guys, random question, when I'm filling up and I put the bowser nosel all the way in and pull the trigger, the fuel must be getting restricted in the tank and splashing back causing the bowser to click and stop. When filling up I have to shoot the petrol into my tank (literally hold the nosel 5cm away from the hole) and only hold the trigger half way otherwise it'll spill out. Never had this issue in my old R34, and it takes 10-15mins to fill the car up. Any ideas what could be causing this? The car has an aftermarket fuel pump unsure whether its internal or external, although something is restricting the fuel tank opening.... any ideas?

LOL. ive had this pain in the arse on many cars, I dont know about keeping it 5cm away and shooting it in, Most would end up on you and the paint work.

Just nugde it in a little, Or sepnd a min or two finding the sweet spot. I find that all the way in dsoent work on many cars and as you said just keeps clicking.

Fuel pump has nothing to do with it either mate, its the fuel tank itself.

I think the angle of the boswer handle has alot to do with it.

LOL. ive had this pain in the arse on many cars, I dont know about keeping it 5cm away and shooting it in, Most would end up on you and the paint work.

Just nugde it in a little, Or sepnd a min or two finding the sweet spot. I find that all the way in dsoent work on many cars and as you said just keeps clicking.

Fuel pump has nothing to do with it either mate, its the fuel tank itself.

I think the angle of the boswer handle has alot to do with it.

bingo-same with me.

Nozzle in about an inch find the right angle n she will take it full steam.

these are japanese cars after all :whistling:

Edited by jjman

haha cheers guys, on my old r34 it took the pump full flow all the way with no issues. looks like I'll have to experiment when I fill up. Thought an intank fuel pump might be obstructing it or something. thanks again :)

My first 34 was NA could deep throat the nosel so to speak, however this one cannot. If its the norm, then I'll sleep easier at night I guess.

LOL! Thanks for the laugh at work guys...this question now means that every single question I ever had in my mind about my R33 has been asked and answered on this forum. You guys are the best!! I love this place! :yes:

- Yup, I also have to find the sweet spot on my R33 to let it flow.

Edited by dex_911