SAU Community

hey guys I have a 4wd issue when I go over 80 kms in 4wd mode only it jerks I have had garage 101 look at it changed out ecm for 4wd chdecked for fault codes and is not logging and codes . I have changed my types on front so they are all the same all round . still makes no difference I notice when I'm cruising along my torque gauge is sitting .at about 10 before I put the foot Down so it's like that when cruising and when it jerks the gauge goes up and Down. I 2wd it's fine no problem we also changed out fro.nt speed sensors to test made no diff

can someone please point us in the right direction

Need way more info than what you are sharing.

Tyre brand, model and profile on the front, also the same question for the back?

You mention the tyres on the front were changed so I will assume they are new, but how many kilometres have you done on the rear tyres? (try putting the rears on the front and vice versa)

What brand of wheels and what model do you have, and how big are they (16", 17", 18" etc) and what widths are front & back and also what offset(s).

When is the last time the ATTESSA system has been properly bled and fluid replaced?

When is the last time the transfercase has it's fluid changed?

Have you taken out the centre console around the gearstick area? (damaged geforce sensors)

Does the ATTESSA pump prime for about 10 seconds and then stop when you turn the key to ON in the morning?

You shouldn't be getting anything on the torque gauge while cruising, there is an obvious rolling diameter issue.

attessa does prime . it has standard gtr 32 rim s with 245 50 16 bridge stone on front and federal on back I the front s are about 80 pierce t and tube back about 60 .

g sensors have been swapped out along with ecm.and front wheel speed sensors

I'm not sure about the fluid I transfer case . but I know 4wd been fully bled ..actually is a bit over full in resivour .

origonaly it had 225 on front and 245 on rear . then someone told me they should be same all round so I changed the front to 245 50 16 same as rear.

what next ???

Even though you have 245/50/16's all around, the difference in tyre wear (new vs old tyres) and also difference in brand, say you get 2 sets of new tyres, brand new of one brand up front, while brand new of different brand at the rear. This can still cause what you describe

Before getting rid of the old rear tyres (and getting the same as the front you have now), you can try switching the tyres, rears on the front, front on the rears. If it still happens, you can try tweaking the tyre pressure so there is different pressure front & back (40psi front, 25psi back or vice versa) in an attempt to get the rolling diameter into what ATTESSA deems an acceptable rolling diameter variance.

Ages ago I had the same tyres all around (brand and model), then I went to the track and ripped my rears apart. I got new rears (Kumho KU36's) and it did exactly as you describe, constant front wheel engagement. I immediately pulled the 4WD switch to save the transfer case (driving around with it constantly engaged will just damage the clutch packs, in your case the damage might already be done).

So in the short, shitty re-treads on the front + new Kumho KU36's on the back = what I experienced, exactly as you described (even though they were 225/50/16 all around on my 16" R32 GTR stockies)

So in the short, shitty re-treads on the front + new Kumho KU36's on the back = what I experienced, exactly as you described (even though they were 225/50/16 all around on my 16" R32 GTR stockies)

Geeeeee what do you think?

If you are taking the blindfold and fingers in ears approach and ignore our posts. Borrow a set of wheels from a known working GTR that has no ATTESSA issues and put them on your car, making sure the exact same corner they were taken off, gets put on the same corner on your car.

Also the ATTESSA reservoir isn't supposed to be over the full mark (somewhere inbetween hot and cold), but I can't say for sure it would cause any issues while overfilled.

I had original japanese fitted tyres (the shitty retreads I mentioned) on as well, were fun at the track as they were like driving in the rain.. just kept sliding all over Mallala raceway

ok i have found the problem was tyres all along 2 tyres on front were bigger dimension tread orsomething changed front ones to back and back one to front and it seems to be all good