Sau Vic 2012 Motorsport Championship Round 4 - Pi 21St July

emts

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Traction do the AD08's in 255/40 R17 for $380ea. The RS3's are cheaper from RTR, but not by a whole lot, not sure they will last as long as the AD08's is the main thing. If they are 1-2 seconds quicker and last less, it maybe worth it. Maybe.

12-13 Track days and counting now on the AD08's, times are still coming down as the power and aero goes on.

Just for comparison, 1.50.x was my time at PI 3-4 events in a row with AD08's.

Drop a wing on the back, came down to a single 49 that next event.

Drop 40kw into the car, came down to consistent 49's lap after lap each session (then rain).

Drop an extra 30kw into the car, have to see on the 21st.

Where did 70kw come from....850cc, E85, Z32.

ARTZ the helmet needs the Aus Standards sticker, doesn't matter what type. It's in the sup regs on the rex entry page.

Thats good. The Advan stuff seems to be sooo pricey though. Would also be keen to see how the Dunlops Snowy just suggested go; considering their victory in SL clubsprint class. They must be decent!

Whats a set of ADs worth? GTR specs

Hankooks - not Dunlops. And they MUST be fast because they have little flames in the tread. :)

modp_0906_22_performance_tire_buyers_guide_hankook_ventus_rs3_z222_2_1_1_1.jpg

Traction do the AD08's in 255/40 R17 for $380ea. The RS3's are cheaper from RTR, but not by a whole lot, not sure they will last as long as the AD08's is the main thing. If they are 1-2 seconds quicker and last less, it maybe worth it. Maybe.

I want to buy locally, but not when I can import and even with shipping charges I can still get a free tyre. ie only pay 75% the local cost. I don't understand why their pricing structure is so much higher then OS agents :(

Looks to be shaping up for a big one - was hoping to be ready for this but no such luck.

Those R-S3's are looking good have added to the shortlist for the evo next. PS3's with their rolly polly sidewalls are no fun on the track.

Are WRX people usually this slow?

oops apologies in order...I was looking in the wrong email folder..they had replied to me already..dont I feel silly. :blush:

On a brighter note I'm in,

aIso picked up some S/h semis cause I really wasnt keen on the idea of nankangs in the wet...I've tried it and I cant get it over 4000rpm in any gear at any speed

repco have fire extinguishers on special for 19$ ...

all I need now is a helmet which I will get next week and i think thats about it yeah...

Might throw my hicas lock bar in if I get a chance too, still wobbly wheeling :D

can anyone learn me on helmets, went to the moto shop and they have cheapie open face jobs for 69$..is it worth spending any more on a brand name or something..I tried a few and they are definately a little more comfortable...is there a better place to shop?

Anyone ever use those old school harley helmets that sit above your ears? kinda like how a bowl would look if you put it on your head lol hearing all the noise from your car without it muffled would be the best and there adr approved

rjays open face was 140$ dropped from about 200$..had a cool skull on it too .

I just dont know if certain brands are any better than others..I know shoeis are tops but at 600$ i dont think so...

most of the cheap stuff was msc or rjays...

I know 2 people that busted there heads up in bike accidents wearing cheapo helmets...both got well over 1/4 million$$ payouts...they were lucky

so, whos running a screamer :whistling:

I have both open and a 200+ close face and the cheap $60 open face is more comfortable and if your with an instructor is easier to hear each other. This isn't targa tassy its PI man up ffs!! Haha

I run a motobike open face, but it is a shoei so decent quality, has great cut outs for glasses built in it.

And was the most comfortable I tried on which to me was the most important.