SAU Community

High everyone,just taken delivery of my R34gtr v-spec,thanks to everyone at Iron chef imports,just to the right of the steering column is a switch,click to the right and there's a noise from the rear end,hold to the left and the engine starts labouring.And there's a box under the front seat,anyone got any idea what these might be. :wub:

post-93096-0-00040000-1337858857_thumb.jpg

post-93096-0-08098800-1342222543_thumb.jpg

I has 2 thoughts for the box under your seat

Amp/Pre-amp or

some form of electerical ignition boost sytem

The switch - maybe exhaust related

The thing in your boot - NFI

Grab serial numbers for the kit and use google

Mate just did a quick google search on 5zigen and there a Japanese company that specialize in rims and exhaust systems. I couldn't find much info on that box but my guess is it would have something to do with the exhaust system. There is probably some kind of butterfly in the exhaust that adjusts when you press the button. Check if it's the same brand exhaust. What happens when you drive with it switched to the right, is it louder? Is it quiter when the button is flicked o the left?

Or you could try emailing the company to find out. Apparently there the third largest exhaust company in Japan

It's got the nismo exhaust with the oval tip.I flicked the switch to the right yesterday,no difference in sound,but when i put it in reverse a buzzer sounded so i flicked it back to the center.Then when driving up the road i flicked it to the right and it was like it went into neutral so l flicked it back to the center.Does all R34gtr's have this little black box on the end of the gear box.post-93096-0-07642200-1342401038_thumb.jpg

It's got the nismo exhaust with the oval tip.I flicked the switch to the right yesterday,no difference in sound,but when i put it in reverse a buzzer sounded so i flicked it back to the center.Then when driving up the road i flicked it to the right and it was like it went into neutral so l flicked it back to the center.Does all R34gtr's have this little black box on the end of the gear box.post-93096-0-07642200-1342401038_thumb.jpg

black box is normal there - no idea what its for, but its on mine too.

i've got something similar under my seat too - been meaning to check out what it is - i'm away for work atm, but i'll check when i'm back on wednesday.

The black thing at the back of the gbox is actually a vibration/shock damper, made of rubber with steel weight.

The device looks like some sort of hydraulic controller, with the unit having metal lines coming off a master cylinder of some sort. Never seen someting like that before.

You need to follow the lines under the car to see where they go...

Ok i got a reply back from 5zigen and it's a twin plate clutch kit.When it's activated you can change gears with out useing the clutch.They say there's a button on the shift knob,which there isn't.So i sent them a photo of the one on the dash.Stay tuned.

Edited by I gotta R34gtr v-spec

So sounds like it is rigged up to operate the clutch slave cylinder without you pushing on the pedal.

So something like this: The second clutch master cylinder in the boot shelf is operated with the dash switch to the control box, this then operates a motor and the gearbox with linkage to the end of the clutch master piston.

The hydraulic lines then go from the boot master cylinder to another reservior (maybe) as well as tee into the slave cylinder on the side of the gbox to operate the clutch.

Would be handy for a person lacking proper leg movement or leg(s) to operate a clutch pedal, so he or she wouldn't be stuck with driving an auto, or 'clutchless' shifting type of driving, ie push a button instead of pushing a pedal.

That would explain the lack of drive when you push the switch while driving in gear. Would be the same as pushing in the clutch pedal.

Pretty mad setup!!!!.

The switch on the right is the headlight beam height adjustment.

The one on the left is not stock, and you mentioned it operated the clutch disengagement.

Dimmer knob is fitted for compliance as they don't come standard with a dash light dimmer. But they usually fit it where that switch is...