SAU Community

Roadside Assist

Just wondering if many/any subscribe to Roadside Assist in your state?

Just watching 'pennies', I got a flyer in the mail from Budget Direct with their own offer of...

* flat battery assistance

* emergency key service (which means being locked out by toddler still inside I suppose)

* breakdown towing (although there's probably a distance limit)

* tyre change assistance (serviceman tells short skirt lady to bend over and turn wrench anticlockwise)

* emergency fuel supply

* unlimited technical advice hotline

* minor mechanical roadside repairs

Cost = $65pa in SA, QLD & $69.95pa in TAS, VIC, ACT, NSW, WA

My current premiums are...

NRMA Classic Care = $88.50 on the Subaru

NRMA Premium Care = $154.40 on the Nissan (with no limit on towing distance)

BMW Roadside Assistance & Accident = $116 (with no limit on towing distance)

Hmmm....

The RACV service is pretty darn good for about $100 a year and I think the NRMA one is pretty good too.

About the only issue I ever hear about them is it can take them literally hours to make it to you, but that's to be expected really because they service a lot of people and don't have an unlimited number of resources.

I've used the RACV once when my brothers cars regulator died. Service was great. Tow truck arrived after a couple hours and took me from Werribee to Sunshine with no issues. Didn't cost a cent (it was actually 1.5ks past their free towing limit but the driver said he'd put it in as the limit).

hmmmm. I used to love my NRMA free roadside ( they do this for the frist 2 years of your licence, Now its $88 or something.

I want one iwth unlimeted towing, Good for when taking hte car workshop to tuners, ect ect, would pay for it self 10 fold