SAU Community

Almost 2 Weeks When Infiniti Launches Here

There's a V37? I thought the Infiniti G37 coupe are called Nissan V36's

There will be next year.. but the infiniti will still be called the G37 if it has a 3.7L engine.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

All the American's that i talk to on the V35 Coupe Driver's FB page know that their G35's are Skylines, they just call them "G'S" and G35's because that's what they are made as in their country. Surely you guys understand that.

In regards to rebadging your V35 as an Infiniti purely because you THINK that people don't recognise you as a Skyline driver, that is the silliest things i've heard.. stand for what the car is manufactured as who gives a f*ck if people don't think you're a "real skyline driver"

each to their own... Id prefer to be an infiniti driver now that the car is available here in oz and called infiniti.. whether i actually get around to changing the badges is another story.. :)

each to their own... Id prefer to be an infiniti driver now that the car is available here in oz and called infiniti.. whether i actually get around to changing the badges is another story.. :)

Each to their own indeed, i know if i had a 370GT i would not be calling it an Infiniti, i like being unique.

In regards to rebadging your V35 as an Infiniti purely because you THINK that people don't recognise you as a Skyline driver, that is the silliest things i've heard.. stand for what the car is manufactured as who gives a f*ck if people don't think you're a "real skyline driver"

I agree with this sentiment. I've always believed my car is for me to admire, not to hope that others will admire it and recognise me for it. While I'll admit I stayed away from the R-series purely because of the bad stigma those cars got thanks to the idiotic hoons out there and the unwanted attention that it may possibly draw, I still prefer the V-series anyway based purely on the fact that for me, they're a couch on great performing wheels. It's why I loved my old J30 Maxima then and the same reason why I love my V36 Skyline now.

When was the last time an Infiniti thrashed the Falcodores around Mount Panorama.

Never was a first time, let alone a last time. Good to see that Nissan are joining the herd on that front though. About time but that's a discussion for another thread.

I agree with this sentiment. I've always believed my car is for me to admire, not to hope that others will admire it and recognise me for it. While I'll admit I stayed away from the R-series purely because of the bad stigma those cars got thanks to the idiotic hoons out there and the unwanted attention that it may possibly draw, I still prefer the V-series anyway based purely on the fact that for me, they're a couch on great performing wheels. It's why I loved my old J30 Maxima then and the same reason why I love my V36 Skyline now.

Another good reason to rebadge to infiniti..

I was missunderstood there a bit by Seano350GT. What i said was skyline drivers dont recognise the V series as real skylines.. Not that i dont get recognised as a skyline driver... I couldnt care less if i dont get recognised as a skyline driver for exactly this stigma you talk about.

the fact is, although R and V series are both great cars, they are quiet different in many ways. Like you said "The Max", the V series is very much more about luxury then the R series therefor not everyones cup of tea. Personally i love the V series for the same reason you do, because you get the best of both worlds..

Edited by projectx

I believe the reason why they're not releasing the sedan at launch is because there is a new model coming out next year, the coupe should follow in 2014. So the g37 couple will only be current for 2 years or so. Also, I don't see any reason why we couldn't import the new "skyline" when its released in Japan, technically its a different car since its got a different badge, depends on SEVS ruling though.

I wonder whether they'll release the IPL version of the g37 or wait until they make the twin turbo g37 in a couple of years time. That will be an interesting car to look out for.

The TT version is about the same price as a GT-R, so I can't imagine sales will be that great.

Will need to be more than a different badge to get it past SEVS. Eg. Fairlady- 300zx, cefiro-maxima. When one was for sale here, you couldn't import the other..

The TT version is about the same price as a GT-R, so I can't imagine sales will be that great.

Will need to be more than a different badge to get it past SEVS. Eg. Fairlady- 300zx, cefiro-maxima. When one was for sale here, you couldn't import the other..

Agree. You need to remember the intent of the scheme. It's to protect the local market from 'grey imports'. Anything perceived to be direct competition will be restricted.

Again, agree. I've always liked to drive something different from the flock. I bought a HR32 when it was still rare on the road, upgraded to a HR33 and sold it when I started seeing them with P plates (i.e. became common and accessible), and I've now got one of the few 350GTs in Canberra. Like them all for different reasons - the 350GT now because IMHO it's one of the best sports tourers you can buy for the money.

That being said, I've already bought all the Infiniti badging (last year, in fact) but haven't changed over yet. I respect the Skyline heritage, but I'm now just protecting my re-sale price.

I respect the Skyline heritage, but I'm now just protecting my re-sale price.

What do you mean by this? I hope you don't mean by rebadging your car as an Infiniti you're going to get a higher resale figure..

What do you mean by this? I hope you don't mean by rebadging your car as an Infiniti you're going to get a higher resale figure..

Maybe not a higher price, but certainly should be easier to sell at a price I'm comfortable with because more potential buyers would have become aware of the Infiniti brand and its target market. Plus you'll get more Wannabe's wanting the name but don't have the $100K to part with...

Maybe not a higher price, but certainly should be easier to sell at a price I'm comfortable with because more potential buyers would have become aware of the Infiniti brand and its target market. Plus you'll get more Wannabe's wanting the name but don't have the $100K to part with...

Don't know about the higher price, but ease of marketing and advertising I completely understand.

If you're selling a V35, you advertise to a limited market who know about and want them. If you advertise them as an infiniti, and make it clear in the ad that it's a Nissan V35, you attract a larger target market. Larger target market, probably easier to sell it.

I was going down the false advertising path, i understand what you're saying though.

Yeah, that's why I made sure to mention that the vehicle is actually an imported Jap version. A) It will provide peace of mind to the buyer as to why the price is so much lower than an Infiniti

B) It then is not classified as false advertising as the product has be depicted in the correct light.

If only the US Infiniti floor mats weren't tailored to LHD vehicles! Then my vehicle would be complete. :P

you can get skyline mats for V series via Yahoo auctions Japan and if you can't read kanji (like me) importmonster.com.au can help albeit at a price. Depends on the $$ you want to spend.

you can get skyline mats for V series via Yahoo auctions Japan and if you can't read kanji (like me) importmonster.com.au can help albeit at a price. Depends on the $$ you want to spend.

You've missed the point though. This is about rebranding the vehicle as an Infiniti, not a Nissan. Mine came with the Skyline mats but they're a little worn and I'd like to replace them with Infiniti mats instead.