SAU Community

Sau Vic 2012 Motorsport Championship Round 5 - Sandown 11Th August

emts

yeh the 14 PS lines take a different route so they are fairly easy on it.

yeh the cambers alright, I managed to pull AT LEAST 35mm on the guard from standard if not more on the weekend. so theres heaps more to straighten, if need be but ill leave that up to traction tyres later on. not fussed about times, just curious to punch it around on the straights and be able to properly use the power.

GTTR34, how much did your alignment cost if you dont mind me asking? seems we may have a similar setup from your post in the vic section with the exception of different coilovers.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just picked up my new AO48's, they are worth 50kw at idle. :)

Might need a guard roll myself...

How ironic given yesterday's events.. If you had those tyres on we might have made it through the intersection!

Hey mate were did you get this from? Ive looked everywhere for one

ebay was the cheapest I could find @ $79 with free postage.

They sell in on their website but it costs $78 + $10 postage if I remember correctly

If you are going to Sandown with a loud exhaust don't expect to do many laps.

Where is the mike?

No issues here, my screamer is plumbed back. :P

Tony, what software would you use for Iphone4? And what mount is solid enough for track work? I might get in on this too. :)

Tony, what software would you use for Iphone4? And what mount is solid enough for track work? I might get in on this too. :)

I'm just copying Richo here :P

So Phone + racechrono then racechrono2avi. Then in conjuction with the GoPro hero 2 overlay the videos.

As for mounting i havent though about that. Are you allowed to have loose items in the glove box and in the compartment between the seats (the one with the lid so it won't be open)?

Was just thinking of chucking the phone and GPS in there :ph34r:

If you are going to Sandown with a loud exhaust don't expect to do many laps.

damn, since when are they cracking down so hard on this? I've been to sandown with full screamer in the s15 and not had an issue.... maybe i was just lucky on the day

So Phone + racechrono then racechrono2avi. Then in conjuction with the GoPro hero 2 overlay the videos.

As for mounting i havent though about that. Are you allowed to have loose items in the glove box and in the compartment between the seats (the one with the lid so it won't be open)?

I was hoping to make a solid windscreen mount for the iphone and use the onboard video, to save me buying the gopro straight away. Hopefully if the mount is good enough it shouldn't bounce around too much.

i dont think they are fussed with glove box, mine was full last time I went lol.

i'de prefer using the phone than the GoPro if you can solid mount it to the windshield somewhere as scott said.. its not like you need 1080p and for it to be water proof when realistically you are going to probably watch it on youtube at 680p lol

that said, im usually persuaded by wank factor and the fact that it can be mounted externally from the car - which would be my reason for using the gopro.

Edited by Sunkist

i dont think they are fussed with glove box, mine was full last time I went lol.

i'de prefer using the phone than the GoPro if you can solid mount it to the windshield somewhere.. its not like you need 1080p and for it to be water proof when realistically you are going to probably watch it on youtube at 680p lol

Cool cool

Wasn't sure to clean out my glove box or not.

Hrmm might test out the video recording capabilities on my Galaxy 3 and see if thats ok.

GoPro i just borrowed from Simon for the day to see how it is

you are meant to have nothing loose in GB or anywhere in cabin.

I have had it checked from time to time, not very often however.

I have my gps receiver race taped down so it down ot move, then h\phone in pocket so it not move around.

M

you are meant to have nothing loose in GB or anywhere in cabin.

I have had it checked from time to time, not very often however.

I have my gps receiver race taped down so it down ot move, then h\phone in pocket so it not move around.

M

Cot dayum...I got so much crap in my glovebox and the arm rest console.

Looks like ill be clearing it up on Friday