SAU Community

Defect Question (Not A Rage Thread.. Just A Question)

some.will.seek

So, I'm driving a 180sx on my P's.. with exemption and all the rest. No issues here.

I got RBT'd the other day and the obligatory bonnet check occured.. and I got a defect for my oil breather venting into the atmosphere. I knew about the issue, however I bought the car like that and the cop was fine with it. So I received a defect notice for the breather, no fines, no points, and all I have to do is hand in my form to the police station. Easy enough. It's a self-clearing one.

So I have 30 days (more like 21 now), to hand in the form to the station. My question is, this is my normal car and I need to drive it for obvious reasons. Am I able to be pinged again whilst I haven't fixed the problem but before my form is due? I'm definitely going to fix the issue, no doubt.. but I wonder if a cop can get me for exactly the same thing in between the 30 days? I've been avoiding alot of driving because I don't really want to get a worse punishment, just in case.

Am I right to drive?

yeah what FineLine said mate. just keep that notice or form what ever it is in the car for proof. even if they have a sad about it just rip out that form n show them. they should be right then

This was in the Morayfieldish/Redcliffeish area. To be honest, I have nothing else that's defectable. Not really in my interests to run a car that stresses me out all day long with the potential for more trouble. Everything is clean and tidy.

Some people plum the breather back into the intake manifold/plenum or into the intake just after the Air Flow Meter. Its not a hard fix. Where are you located?

Do this, this is the best setup to have IMO