SAU Community

Mv35 Turbo Dead

So the turbo in my M35 Stagea is dead at 78k, who here has taken one out without dropping the motor, and what do I need to look out for. Aparently you can just lower the hearbox a bit, do i need to disconnect anything else before tilting the motor back?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

-Rod

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the turbo in my M35 Stagea is dead at 78k, who here has taken one out without dropping the motor, and what do I need to look out for. Aparently you can just lower the hearbox a bit, do i need to disconnect anything else before tilting the motor back?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

-Rod

You don't need the motor out but you do need a good variety of tools.

You don't need the motor out but you do need a good variety of tools.

+1; and a bit of patience.

Finished mine only a week or so ago, how mechanically inclined are you? Do you have access to a hoist?

Edited by Daleo

Good one. :huh:

But this has been covered over and over again. In fact I remember it popping up again recently in the thread where Brad discussed dropping his engine to do his, and Scotty talking about his easier way.

Not hard to use a search function - it'll give you an idea then you can ask further questions to clarify...

Okay got a bit more info, wasnt using the right search key words, or the correct order or something, was hoping for pics of the difficult bits, sounds like its the heat shield bolts though.....

I'll put marks down my door for "kills"

Theo is up next I predict....

:P

I'm happy to come around & apply the "mark" for mine; it's no trouble... :whistling:

I'll put marks down my door for "kills"

Theo is up next I predict....

:P

Think you might have it wrong Alex, my thrusts are worn. Did an inspection on the w/end & my axial play is in the region of 0.020 - 0.030'' by feel! :yucky:

Think you might have it wrong Alex, my thrusts are worn. Did an inspection on the w/end & my axial play is in the region of 0.020 - 0.030'' by feel! :yucky:

And you were following close behind Alex just like I was.

Coincidence? :ph34r:

2 strikes on the door!

check your compressor wheel for evidence of my over-run fuel smoke! Maybe thats what killed it! If so, Iains is bound to die shortly, but under warranty :)