SAU Community

To Sell The Line Or Not?

Guest INASNT

Don't want to start a punch on between meggala/smootline & me, but sure euro's aren't cheap to maintain when parts go, but if you add up how much most of us have spent on our jap "rolls royce's" I think you'll find the euro's are quite cheap & cost effective.

*CONDITION APPLY: So long as servicing is done outside of the Euro Dealers.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest INASNT
Denham, it got to the stage where genral maitainence was costing $1k+ each time... Soft-top motor went... etc etc

Anyone who says a euro car is cheap to maintain isnt telling the truth or doesnt really know... Reading about it is not the same as owning one and forking out the $$$

If your serious about buying a nice euro car, look at the later models...

with your convertable did u notice any water leaking from the softtop when driving on the freeway when it was raining hard???

Guest INASNT

people keep telling me that they leak from around the rubber seals near the windscreen and the windows coz the seal starts to go after a few years and in heavy rain they leak

Guest INASNT

Yes after spending 20g onto of what i bought it for, its still seems cheap :)

I will see what i can get, other it will drop or stay and i will have to have 2 cars that dont get driven :(

Such extreme opinions when it comes to euro cars and maintenance etc, - 3 BMW's countring, all had over 60Km's, NO mechanical problems at all. Just one prob with rear left electric window on the 528i.

Speaking to a guy at golf last weekend, He's got a BMW 535i (not sure what 'E' model name it was, but the one before, before this shape, same era as the E36 3 series) - 330,000km's (just a touch over 60k) - In it's ENTIRE life time, has had the following down.

New head (i'm assuming head gasket?)

New diff

New transmission.

No other mechanical problems. Yes they are fairly major, but take into consideration the car has travelled 330,000km's i would think that is more than acceptable.

I think that fact that cars like BMW's are built so well that with proper servicing, it all evens out in the end when the parts a slightly more. And lets face it, a R33 GTS-t is going to have a harder life than a BMW M3 - totally different age brackets and driving styles (with a few exceptions for those who drive their M3's like they're meant to)

Saw a mum driving a 996, 911 Turbo in Hampton st the other day, pulled into the Safeway carpark to do a bit of shopping :D Kid was in the back, it was end of school time. (3:30pm) or something.

Have you considered something like an Audi A4? They're nice

That's an insult! We can't any of that laguage on the forums. Ronin, Please take that remark back or edit you thread... :rofl:

The only Audi A4 options INSANT has is the RS4 (if he likes driving a wagon) or the S4 Twin turbo.. either way there quick but nothing spectacluar like an M3... while we are at it, what about a C36 AMG 4door?

Guest RedLineGTR

INASNT gets a bicycle (with little pink ribbons) or get a limo to drive him around Melbourne : D

...really sell the car first and decide what you want to do with the money then :rofl:

Guest INASNT
Have you considered something like an Audi A4? They're nice

1 of my good mates has a 04 A4 so i cant go copying him. Its a nice car and al but a bit gutless.

The more i drive my car the more i wanna keep it, cause its fun lighting up the tyres at 100

keep the skyline!

the only european cars i'd own are all too expensive! (see exhibit: A) jap cars, whilst cheap, have too much fun attached to them - and you can't put a price on fun.

don't let the plods discourage you. cop the suspension on the chin, drive sensibly on the roads, go crazy on a track and stay away from big street meetups.

exhibit A:

acj.jpg

see, it suits me doesnt it? :rofl:

acl.jpg

not much to do to this car....bling ala bling!

acb.jpg