SAU Community

Fm Ipod Transmitters ?

They don't sound like CD's, pretty ordinary sound quality especially when you don't have an FM expander which limits what stations you can use

I found that one of those old school tape adapters that plugs into your 3.5m jack on whatever your device is gives practically the same sound quality as if you were using an AUX input. Will save you a bit of dosh as well as they cost less than the FM transmitter

ebay ones are rubbish. you pay 2 dollars, it sounds like 2 dollars. if you can afford to throw away 2 dollars and wait a whole month, buy one and torture your ears.

want a good one? pay $50, go a reputable brand. Aeropro, belkin...

tape adapters.... same deal. $2 is $2

aux input is the best direct way to do it and that will cost about $10 if youre handy with a soldering iron

Edited by Deep Dish V35

The one I'm looking at is about 300 installed. It's hard wired to the antenna jack. There is nit many options for the factory stereo on the v35. Don't really wanna change the stereo

mitch if you are willing to spend that kind of money speak with Chris Rogers first. He installed a griffin Ipod dock in my center arm rest console years ago, works with ipod, iphone etc...and displays on the nav screen. Works a treat till today. I will show you on Sat. I believe he has slightly better options now including a streaming bluetooth option which is much better than FM transmited quality.

atm i have a crappy white one (dunno brand) that goes in cigarette lighter. It sometimes cuts a speaker out in the plug gets moved so if i turn a corner hard and my ipod moves around in the cup holder it will cut out. Also my drivers side door speaker has recently stopped working :(

Thanks for the feed back guys. Ended up getting a Parrot mki 9200 Bluetooth advanced hands free music kit. Has a LCD screen I've set up in the little compartment above the air conditioning. So it's hidden when o want it to be. It works bloody brilliant!!

• 1 month later...

Hit up chris rogers. He is def the man u want to talk to. He hooked up mine easy transaction never had any issues. I actually thought it was just as good as a cd quality wisw. Hit him up mate you wont regret it.