SAU Community

Cobb - Boost Off The Line

domino_z

huge leap forward in tuning with Cobb now getting ready to roll out their boost off the line mod

for those with the mods and more importantly, the grip, to take advantage of this, it should be good for 1-2 tenths off their 60ft

a byproduct of this will mean Cobb will be able to offer user selectable launch rpm, most likely via duplicating your existing map and using the available 9 in-car adjustable map slots, rather than some clever pulling the indicator stalk trick (time will tell) - this is what i'm hanging out for, so i can actually lower the launch rpm and get off the line without frying the tyres

+1 on longevity - all 3 players, syvecs, ecutek and Cobb do it by retarding timing

you aren't sitting on the limiter, but on the launch rpm, which in that vid is ~4500rpm

you wouldn't do it at every set of traffic lights like the yanks did with the original launch control

Edited by domino_z

Yeh as i thought, the poor mans antilag haha, similar to what a Bee-R can do for a couple hundred bucks. Certainly wouldn't want to be doing it too often by any means of the word. :)

Looks like it's sitting on 5000rpm from the video.

The Cobb solution is not bad, it builds boost fairly slowly and lazily compared to something like the Syvecs which has a lot more engine control ( control of fuel, spark, and also throttle angle), and then 'lets it rip'. Make no mistake this will be very hard on transmissions as it has no contol of throttle ramp (progression of start angle to finish angle) etc. I can see PPG loving this :)