SAU Community

Looking For A Detailer To Detail My Car In Melbourne

jet2nv

hey guys im looking for someone to give my 33 a nice detail i remember i use to get a VIP car care guy to come but have no longer got his name and always worried about letting anyone cut n polish my car

is there someone mobile that can come to me in burwood east im also happy to take my car to them looking todo it on a budget not wanting to break the bank

thanks guys

Jayson 0401882730

your best option in Melbourne is Final Inspection (pretty handy for your location tchard)

jet2nv - what colour is your car? If you want anything approaching a 'good' job, $109 is not going to cut it with a proper detailer.

what's the condition of your paint at the moment? got pics?

final inspection thanks for that but im not prepared to pay 1k for a detail

car is a dark gun metal grey and the paint is in great condition

every 109 detail from vip car care has be perfect i cant fault them at all

just seeing if theres anyone else around that price

your best option in Melbourne is Final Inspection (pretty handy for your location tchard)

jet2nv - what colour is your car? If you want anything approaching a 'good' job, $109 is not going to cut it with a proper detailer.

what's the condition of your paint at the moment? got pics?

Holy shit... $1000 for a cut and polish!?! I don't want photos etc. done... Just the pain rejuvenated for spring/summer!

$1000....errr... where are you getting that from?

if you're happy with your $109 VIP car care detail, then really... there's no point in even discussing anyone else. You are comparing a 1970's commondoor to an R35 GT-R.

Any decent detailer would probably be tempted to hang up the phone if you asked for a $109 detail INCLUDING interior.

Bottom line, there is no-one 'good' (in the sense of products used, finished achieved etc) at the price point. You've found a price you want to pay and you've found a business who's service you like the results of. If you honestly think you'll find a good detailer for $109 you are utterly dreaming. So be happy you've found someone you like at a price you're prepared to pay.

tchard - don't go on the $1k price tag for FI, your car would have to be in a terrible state to warrant that sort of detail.

• Like 1

so how much is it from final inspection??? all my mates said around 1k give or take

most other places ive spoke with prices range from 100-250 including a full ultimate detail including clar bar steam cleaning and so on

im sure if you view the packages in the above website you can see

also most have insurance so if they FU$# anything its covered but i have my faith

ive got all my hr31s r33s all details under $220 and have been perfect

maybe if your car was stored in a bubble and driven once every so often like cazzs car i can understand spending over 700 for a detail

as for the condition of my car LOL 96,000 factory kms i attached a picture of its current to this date condition

post-74999-0-89582100-1345712988_thumb.jpg

your 'mates' don't really know what they're talking about

http://finalinspecti...-detailing.html

"including clay bar"

this is never ever considered an optional extra for a proper detail. Basic detailing 101

I think your idea of perfect would probably be quite different to mine and places like Final Inspection.

And a good detail is much more than just about the result when you pick the car up, it's about proper ongoing protection of the paint and trims, and a huge benefit in the maintenance regime; leading to much less swirling etc by the time the next detail is required, which also means you can go for a cheaper service the next time as the paint requires less correction.

I opted for FI's Full Metal Jacket for the last detail and it's still going strong, well over a year since it was applied. Still beads and sheets very well and i can still dry my car with water because of it.

There is A LOT more to detailing than you may realise....

• Like 1

TRANSFORMATION' - $988 is the same with a few less things to the others ive found who have done some show cars i know off for 250

thanks for your information and help

no more need for this thread now as ive spoke to the people who will be doin it

cherry picking i see, conveniently skipped over the $388 and $688 options...

as per my previous post...

don't go on the $1k price tag for FI, your car would have to be in a terrible state to warrant that sort of detail
- note the emphasis added...

you obviously don't really know what you're talking about if you think a FI Transformation detail is "the same with a few less things to others"... did you perhaps miss the bit that says a Transformation details requires 4 days to complete? yep, you're definitely getting less of a product than "others"....

i'm not fussed, as i said previously, you're happy paying $109 for a "perfect" service, so there's no point discussing anything else is there? I mean, perfection for $109... can't get much better than that can you :rolleyes:

i suggest you go over to the Detail Addiction forums and check out the 'Show Off' section for some of FI's work... you'll then understand how detailing is done properly.

i know how its done as i said alot of my friends used them

compare the work in detail from each of them as the cheaper option had no where near the services as anyone else ive seen

Thanks for your imput its no longer needed

• 3 weeks later...

I highly recommend Final Inspection!!!!

I get both my cars done there....my car (MPS6) is there atm. I getting a transformation and interior done.

if you want something cheap probably get it done at those car washes at the shopping centre

I deal with hundreds of Professional Detailers, some of whom I haved train, been asked advice from and developed systems and processes for.

I can honestly tell you that there is no way a $250, 400 even 500 detail will match a $1000 highend professional detailer service, obviously there are some out to profiteer at this price point. These are some things to consider when looking for a detailer;

• Have they worked on your type of paint system, or vehicle in the past or familiar with the differences between certain paint types?
  • Are they using higher end products or bulk finishing and compounding products?
  • Are they going through a full decontamination process to remove any ingrained surface contaminants using specific treatments ie, iron remover, tar & organise fallout remover and claying, rather than just claying.
  • Are they removing previous wax and polish residue and/or leaving residue in cars they complete?
  • Are they using compound and finishing abrasive polishes that do not contain fillers or harsh solvents as your scratches and marring will reappear?
  • Are Rubbers and plastic trim taped up and protected during the machine polishing process?
  • Are they using glazes to fill and hide and holograms of trace marring from heavier compounding steps?
  • Are they giving you a choice of recommended waxes or sealants based on questions they have asked you as to how you store your vehicle, how you wash it and frequency, how often you would see yourself reapply a protective wax or sealant
  • Do they guaranty there work?
  • Can they provide a refferal?

As Ive mentioned before, some Professionals have to cover a lot of costs at a fixed location and price their work accordingly. Others, such as 'Semi Pro' detailers, who provide these services can sometimes be a better option. Why would a 'Weekend Professional' provide a better service than a full time professional.

• Passion, this cannot be bought or trained. These guys generally love detailing and strive for perfection.
  • They will use boutique products designed for a specific application and research what is the best products to use on different cars and services.
  • They spend alot of time researching and practising different techniques with many products to achieve the best result.
  • They don't work to the clock. They may only do 1 car a weekend and will generally do more than they have quoted for and on a hourly rate basis are better value at the same or higher quality.

If anyone is after any recommendations please let me know as you & your car will be treated with respect, and may even make some new friends.

Most of all, call them, don't go by a web site alone weather it be good or bad. Ask them questions and the good ones will be more than happy to spend the time with you to discuss what they recommend for your vehicle based on your criteria.

• Like 1

Different people have different opinions on what a good job is and what they consider perfect. I'm very fussy and a perfectionist when it comes to detailing and I can't imagine what a $100 job would look like.

I have done lots of research and homework, bought all my equipment from WaxIt and final inspection cause I wanted to get into detailing myself and have a crack for a hobby. The price of product and the proper processes that need to be taken for a really good job like Antonio mentioned above as well as time taken, I see where the $1000 jobs can come from and appreciate their work, its like art. It's bloody hard work!! Without disrespect to some people here, I really can't see how a $100 job can be even considered good unless the guy doing it is insane for that price. You simply can't compare things like these.

SS8_Gohan I understand and know exactly what you're trying to say here but...

• 4 weeks later...