SAU Community

Powerlifting

markos

That is the GPC Top 10 by Glossbrenner without age correction. Anything over 400 is obviously excellent.

Max, Jackson, Firas and Martin are still juniors, so thats an excellent effort

Odell Manuel registered over 500 Glossbrenner points at ProRawFour, freak

1 Ricky Goddyear - 479.51

2 Scott Wasson - 443.57

3 Dave Parmitter - 431.75

4 Firas El Achkar - 431.64

5 Emad Nayef - 418.13

6 Ben Bouchereau - 413.53

7 Martin Nguyen - 411.95

8 Nathan Wallace - 409.44

9 Max Markopoulos - 407.12

10 Jackson Murrie - 406.43

Edited by markos

• 2 weeks later...

This probably belongs in that female thread, but I'm staying put lol

An ex client, long story, cant train here but wants to,

She is an ex walker, walked miles, everywhere, 3 hour walks were nothing. 10,000 steps to a higher bodyfat % were done weekly.

Very high body fat %, at a guess, 40%

She gives up and joins PTC. Because of her muscle wasting activities and zero protein diet, at 78kg she couldnt deadlift 40kg. True story. I had a 12yo girl, Jordy, deadlifting 100kg

She trains here for a few months, but secretly keeps walking. She cant understand her zero progress. In my gym, shes squatting, pressing and deadlifting, plus KB work. Still weak, still high bodyfat %

Now she is training around the corner, she drops in yesterday. Said she was deadlifting 40kg and a big BB type asked her what she was training for, she said nothing, just training. Quizzed her on why she was deadlifting.

Anyway, this guy probably looks at this overweight weak girl and it confirms his thoughts that powerlifting is not good for body recomposition. He knows of PTC, but he tells her strength doesnt interest him at all. He'd rather look good. The assumption is PL dont look good. This girl is NOT a PL.

Now, imagine if it was Nina deadlifting instead. Would this conversation have happened, would he think any differently if the girl was 13% bodyfat and pulling 3 plates, 2.5 x bw?

I feel so sorry for girls. They so want to look good but get so much misinformation. For the record, Nina hasnt run since early 2007, or walked for exercise ever, she just PL and eats clean. The guy doing the bodyfat testing said Female BB aside, pre comp, she was the leanest girl he had measured. Max measured 12% just for the record.

So ignore the numbers, just look at the difference, girls on average have 10-15% more BF than guys, Max is lean, this guy measures in like 17 spots, supposedly accurate. We use it as a guide only.

Muscle is a fat burning furnace girls. Get more of it, burn more fat, stop muscle wasting training and eating habits. Nina would have 10-12 red meat meals a week, rest are chicken, eggs and fish. Never touches pasta or rice, tons of green vegies.

Just a little story on a rainy Friday

She is an ex walker, walked miles, everywhere, 3 hour walks were nothing. 10,000 steps to a higher bodyfat % were done weekly.

She gives up and joins PTC. Because of her muscle wasting activities and zero protein diet, at 78kg she couldnt deadlift 40kg. True story. I had a 12yo girl, Jordy, deadlifting 100kg

She trains here for a few months, but secretly keeps walking. She cant understand her zero progress. In my gym, shes squatting, pressing and deadlifting, plus KB work. Still weak, still high bodyfat %

Now she is training around the corner, she drops in yesterday. Said she was deadlifting 40kg and a big BB type asked her what she was training for, she said nothing, just training. Quizzed her on why she was deadlifting.

Anyway, this guy probably looks at this overweight weak girl and it confirms his thoughts that powerlifting is not good for body recomposition. He knows of PTC, but he tells her strength doesnt interest him at all. He'd rather look good. The assumption is PL dont look good. This girl is NOT a PL.

Now, imagine if it was Nina deadlifting instead. Would this conversation have happened, would he think any differently if the girl was 13% bodyfat and pulling 3 plates, 2.5 x bw?

I feel so sorry for girls. They so want to look good but get so much misinformation. For the record, Nina hasnt run since early 2007, or walked for exercise ever, she just PL and eats clean. The guy doing the bodyfat testing said Female BB aside, pre comp, she was the leanest girl he had measured. Max measured 12% just for the record.

So ignore the numbers, just look at the difference, girls on average have 10-15% more BF than guys, Max is lean, this guy measures in like 17 spots, supposedly accurate. We use it as a guide only.

Muscle is a fat burning furnace girls. Get more of it, burn more fat, stop muscle wasting training and eating habits. Nina would have 10-12 red meat meals a week, rest are chicken, eggs and fish. Never touches pasta or rice, tons of green vegies.

Just in case the message isn't clear enough.

body builder probably wanted to do dead lifts or squats himself :P

why cant the women train at your gym anymore but still drops in for a visit?

direct her to this article http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/

might help change her mind about walking/running and weight training.

also, first time I went into a gym I was 13 or just 14 cant really remember, it was at swimming center that had a gym as well, anyway I signed the waiver form and what not, try to do something and the trainer came over to me and said something about weight training for someone my age can stunt growth and he couldnt let me train with my mates. Was that b/s??? Only ask because I noticed you said about a 12 year old girl lifting.

Yep.

I've got one female friend that listened to this, she is also the only one that looks like her efforts have paid off.

The ones that choose to do things 'their' way are still wondering why they have got nowhere.

• 2 weeks later...