SAU Community

Powerlifting

markos

Lifters are a novice in my opinion if they cant squat 140, bench 100 and deadlift 180. This is achievable by anyone regardless of bodyweight in under a year, some do it in a few weeks.

Next phase is 180 squat 120 bench and 200kg dead, thats an intermediate lifter, 2-3 years lifting for the lighter guys

A 220 squat, 140 bench and 240 dead means your plenty strong in commercial gym speak. In PL speak strong for a 90kg lifter

Advanced for a 90kg lifter is 250 squat, 160 bench and 260 dead

After that progress will slow, but that should take 5 years of consistent lifting

If youve been lifting for 5 years, weigh around 90kg and arent close, ask yourself what youve been doing

You will have big muscles if you can make those lifts

This is just my opinion, dont take it to heart, its just a guide

Bodyweight doesnt work, thats why its not used in ANY form of strength competition

Jesse squats 165kg@67kg, thats 2.4 x bw

Jack squatted 300kg@150kg, thats 2 x bw

Most think Jesses is the more impressive lift, its not, its not even close

For them to be equal on a Glossbrenner calculator, Jesse has to squat 210kg@67kg

Advanced for a 90kg lifter is 250 squat, 160 bench and 260 dead

After that progress will slow, but that should take 5 years of consistent lifting

I must be impatient but if that takes me 5 years I'll be fckn upset... States are on the weekend and I'm already unhappy with my total... even if I make every lift... I'm quickly tiring of not being competitive... I want a fckn medal! maybe Max will let me hold his lol

You make a good point in regards to bodyweight... I just meant it as a rough guide for the average sized bloke... I forgot you actually post advice in this thread

I mean 5 years from the first day you walk in a gym Nick, ignorance is not an excuse.

I know Max has been training for 5 years, most would say he started by powerlifting, not even close.

He started first for soccer, then Olympic lifting, then 3 years ago to the month, powerlifting

He started at 51kg, is now 90kg, and in 5 years he has done 250/155/250.

Started at 15 is now 20

Martins is a similar story, 5 years of training, first 3 1/2 at home

Jack in under 3 years has done 300/185/300, but he has gone from 105kg to 155kg

These time frames are from first ever session.

I mean 5 years from the first day you walk in a gym Nick, ignorance is not an excuse.

I know Max has been training for 5 years, most would say he started by powerlifting, not even close.

He started first for soccer, then Olympic lifting, then 3 years ago to the month, powerlifting

He started at 51kg, is now 90kg, and in 5 years he has done 250/155/250.

Started at 15 is now 20

Martins is a similar story, 5 years of training, first 3 1/2 at home

Jack in under 3 years has done 300/185/300, but he has gone from 105kg to 155kg

These time frames are from first ever session.

yes I see your point... ignorance is never an excuse... for anything

I have no aspiration to ever be a powerlifter or compete in any form of competition so not offended by any of this. Just happy to continue improving, increasing strength and work towards my personal goals.

Gregg goes alright lol

At around 105kg and 20yo his best lifts are

Squat 320kg x 2

Bench 200kg x 2

Dead 300kg x 1

Started lifting when he was 13. He has more muscle on his body than any 20yo I have ever met.He weighed 108kg before the workout yesterday, 110kg at the end.

Martin was 83kg the day before weigh in, weighed in at 80kg, was 86kg 2 hours later.

SRS13, has nothing to do with powerlifting,its about progress in the gym. If your not making that kind of progress, your just repeating the same workouts.

Its called progressive resistance training, thats the actual name for what we loosely call exercise

The progress I mentioned has nothing to do with powerlifting.

Those in denial that state they lift to get bigger instead or prefer other exercises, check out Greggs strength and size

OK but I agree. Its certainly about progress in the gym, its also about personal fitness, a healthier lifestyle and looking and feeling better but not necessarily all about 1RM's. I'll still do the PPP as its a great program and im getting good results with it.

I have been doing nothing but PPP and general powerlifting since the start of the year... went to my bro-in-laws birthday today and everyone was commenting on how much bigger I'd gotten... I despise high reps, the majority of sets I do 5 reps and under

this stuff works... however the biggest benefit is training with guys bigger and stronger than you... you have no choice other than to make progress... it's too fckn embarrassing not too

if you want to get serious join a serious gym... best move I've made

comp tomorrow so I stayed away from alcohol... I haven't had a beer in weeks... but I ate so much food I'm feeling a bit ill lol

Markos puts on a great show... come down and have a watch tomorrow

Gregg goes alright lol

At around 105kg and 20yo his best lifts are

Squat 320kg x 2

Bench 200kg x 2

Dead 300kg x 1

Started lifting when he was 13. He has more muscle on his body than any 20yo I have ever met.He weighed 108kg before the workout yesterday, 110kg at the end.

Martin was 83kg the day before weigh in, weighed in at 80kg, was 86kg 2 hours later.

SRS13, has nothing to do with powerlifting,its about progress in the gym. If your not making that kind of progress, your just repeating the same workouts.

Its called progressive resistance training, thats the actual name for what we loosely call exercise

The progress I mentioned has nothing to do with powerlifting.

Those in denial that state they lift to get bigger instead or prefer other exercises, check out Greggs strength and size

All due respect to Gregg, he has a powerlifter's stereotypical physique, whereas some people prefer the fitness model/natural bodybuilder style of physique