SAU Community

Powerlifting

markos

it's even more awesome in the flesh... we're spoilt

chiro very impressed with my recovery... start light squats/deads next week

benched a PB today... 135kg paused... did 3 singles... my first 3 plate bench next week

Its full already. We have 4 custom deadlift platforms being made for the powerlifting area, then the 3 platforms already in there move out to the only vacant spot in the gym.

In the PL area we have

4 monolifts

4 Forza bench presses

4 deadlift platforms

Westside Reverse Hyper

1700kg calibrated plates

4 wrap rollers

3 chalk bins

bands,chains,specialty bars,boxes

Rest of the gym

6 power racks

3 squat/bench combo racks

3 deadlift platforms

1 weightlifting platform

1 Westside Reverse Hyper

1 GHR

7kg - 65kg dumbbells

4kg - 80kg kettlebells

dip bars

many chin bars

7 flat benches

2 incline benches

We also have an area for rehab. We've managed to get a few first and second generation Nautilus machines from the mid to late 70's. These were designed by Arthur Jones and are the finest machines ever made. They have chains, cams and gears, no pulley and cable. They include

Nautilus Double Shoulder

Nautilus Pullover

Nautiles Multi Bicep

Nautilus Row

Nautilus Pulldown

Nautilus Pulldown behind neck

Nautilus Leg Extension

Nautilus 70 degree shoulder

Nautilus 4 way Neck

We also have a Hammer Strength Uni Lateral leg press

A ton of bars, specialty bars, 2000kg of bumper plates, Strongman implements

Plenty of stuff I've left out, so as you can see it fills up quickly

20130516_155526_zps143faba6.jpg

20130516_155304_zpsd032794f.jpg

Edited by markos

• 3 weeks later...

From what I've heard and seen, atmosphere appears to be very similar amongst all the PTC gyms.

There are a tonne of lifters ACTUALLY competing this weekend out of PTC Gyms all over. Around 90 lifters from PTC's, Melbourne, Brisbane, Sydney, Perth and Gold Coast

I think one of the reasons the franchise has worked so well is that the clients all progress quickly due to everyone having a goal. We have picked up 30 clients in the last month since moving.

We had a 17yo come for a look recently, trained elsewhere. He watched Conor squatting 240kg, I mentioned they were the same age, he was blown away.

Same thing happens when girls come in, thinking that heavy weights makes them huge, they then see Vicki, Sussy, Nina, Rebecca or Heidi out deadlifting most men and all weighing around 60kg

Its an eye opener when you first walk into a PTC

• 3 weeks later...

PTC Sydney's atmosphere was awesome, reminded me of the atmosphere back in the boxing and mma gyms i was at.

Everyone there for the same/similar reasons, helping out where needed.

• 2 weeks later...

Had my Novice Comp on the weekend, 11 lifters, only one had competed before, a Novice Comp 12 months ago, Joe Pavone

Daniel Kranitz - 17 - 76.6kg - 105/75/150 - 330kg

Jason Wu - 19 - 73.5kg - 105/90/165 - 360kg

Brett Daly - 21 - 58.9kg - 135/100/130 - 385kg

Martin Patience - 48 - 74.9kg - 140/100/160 - 400kg

Justin Bigornia - 21 - 65.9kg - 130/92.5/177.5- 400kg

Rico Adhitya - 20 - 70.8kg - 142.5/107.5/170 - 420kg

Joe Pavone - 29 - 81.4kg - 140/105/185 - 430kg

Arthur Krasicki - 25 - 95.1kg - 155/100/200 - 455kg

Jason Chieng - 27 - 75kg - 185/130/215 - 525kg

Simon Light - 36 - 134.8kg - 185/115/245 - 545kg

Alex Deken - 21 - 89.1kg - 210/160/230 - 600kg

Read more: http://www.prorawpowerlifting.proboards.com/thread/1861/ptc-july-novice-comp#ixzz2Z57tJNFU

Interesting thing about Joey, big talker, trained at PTC for 3-4 sessions, a few of his mates lifter here, bought a crowd to watch him. A year after his first comp he comes back to see how much he's improved. Nothing, zero. Trains at FF South Yarra.

I pointed out to him Alex beat him by 170kg and Jason is lighter yet still beat him by 95kg, both boys have been here about 7-8 weeks.

Now wants us to do a program for him...........its not the program girlfriend.

Thing is at FF he is "strong", he didnt like it here, guys in his class total 250kg more than him, pretty embarrassing, IF you have an ego.

The guy is straight on FB this morning telling all his clueless friends how well he did.

Guys like this dont train at PTC nor do they ever improve.

Alex is going to be our next gun lifter, started at 81-82kg, is now 89kg after 8 weeks. PB's were 180/140/200, went 210/160/230 yesterday

His next program is for a 630kg total