SAU Community

Back In The Nissan Game

Kujotk

Back in the Nissan game, Couldn't resist it, been 15 months since I last owned a skyline and I've had withdrawals ever since. Although I have plenty of other cars to keep me satisfied, there was still a hole that only a GTR could fill.

2010 model with 3000km on the clock. Never once been LC'd or tracked (but has done a few runs on the Autobahns before I got it). Ive owned it for nearly 3 months now but haven"t been on SAU in a long time.

Now how much did I pay for it? From a Nissan dealer in Germany. I think it is a bargain of a lifetime, gone through 3 sets of tyres in 3 months (odometer is at 18 000km now).

My main fault with the R35, there is stuff all exhaust noise, I"ll probably sell it in a few months when the weather here turns to shit and roads ice over (when i"ll be back in AUS anyway).

SO anyone keen to start off the guessing game???

post-53255-0-88149000-1345561634_thumb.jpg

post-53255-0-11385400-1345561654_thumb.jpg

Photos abover were taken in the Italian alps, car has been to Germany, AUstria, Holland, Luxembourg, Italy and Switzerland. Been fined to date 3200 swiss francs for speeding infringments, but they have the best drivers roads, it isn"t fair!!!

Top speed on the German AUtobahns so far is 318km/hr (and the manual says it's 310kph)

Although despite it's great exceptional performance, it has nothing on my first R33 which although it was vastly slower and basic, was much more enjoyable to drive. IMO Nissan has completely lost the soul of their cars. They are technical marvels today but after a while of thrashing them you get sick of it's predictability and lifeless personality. Despite this it still puts a smile on my face. Anyone know if it is easy/hard/ possible to disable the front wheels from having power???

...IMO Nissan has completely lost the soul of their cars...."

Yeah, it might be lacking soul, but I was never into drifting and all that jazz. - To be honest I'm 200% happy trading in all that soul for the R35's blistering handling, neck snapping accelleration, and all the bits n bobs that make it a "family" super car (for me).

2nd handers go for real cheap in the UK. I'd be guessing about AUD$60-70,000k

50 000 euros ($60 000) 2 years old and it had f**k all usage.

I just got back from USA, and second hand they are dirt cheap over there as well. Although most cars are cheap as in USA, 2010 AMG C63 was just over 30K USD.

Wow thats cheap! Ive got a friend who lives in the US. Would it be easy to bring it here and comply it? Eg, He brings it in his name ect

Wow thats cheap! Ive got a friend who lives in the US. Would it be easy to bring it here and comply it? Eg, He brings it in his name ect

its my understanding that it's illegal to import cars that are sold in the Australian market.

unless you're importing as a 'personal import' in which case i think you need proof that you lived in the US for 12 months (at least) and are now residing in Australia.

its my understanding that it's illegal to import cars that are sold in the Australian market.

unless you're importing as a 'personal import' in which case i think you need proof that you lived in the US for 12 months (at least) and are now residing in Australia.

You can import GT-R R35's that are build dated Dec 08 and earlier, but there is a km restriction on them

Personal imports still stand, but as you say, proof is required that you've owned the car overseas continuously for no less than 12 months

One problem being LHD

Not a huge problem, they are made for RHD as well (chassis is set up for both RHD and LHD). Cost for parts would be the main issue unless you found a complete dash at the wreckers.

Having said that nothing is simple to do on German cars, so probably seems easier to do than it would be in practice.