SAU Community

Installing Tein Flex

Good day to all.

I'm bought a TEIN type Flex coilovers, but it has a japanese manual and it is a very big problem for me. In my city there are no good workshops who can made such operations on adjusting and installing that coilovers, so I need to do all operations by myself.

My ask to all who ever install such coilovers to ER34 is to share their's experiences. And if somebody has instruction manual in English it helps me much. (tein website has closed the pages with manuals)

And big thanks for everyone in advance.

Rears:

1. Remove back seat(2 12mm bolts at the base either side, pull up and out then 2 on either corner below the top half)

2. Remove parcel shelf, pulls up and out.

3. Undo strut top nuts(2 12mm bolts either side under the parcel shelf)

4. Loosen off wheel nuts, jack up car under diff. Lower car onto stands.

5. Crack the lower strut nuts, 17mm. Will most likely require a decent length breaker or a breaker with a length of pipe over the end especially if they've never been removed before.

6. Pull bottom mount off hub(May need a screwdriver etc between hub and shock if it's tight). Shock will then drop down.

7. Install in reverse order.

Fronts

1. Open bonnet, undo strut top nuts, (2x 14mm either side)

2. Loosen wheel nuts, jack car up at front, (I usually use the engine crossmember or if the cars too low the tow hooks under the front bar) Lower onto stands.

3. Crack lower nuts, 17mm again. Will generally require similar force to the rears.

4. Loosen off same as rears.

5. Assemble in reverse order.

Miguelone, big thanks for helping!

Maybe you aslo may knew those measuring heights as usual listed in the manual

Ex. the high from the weel center to the edge of fender (front & rear) and for those A/B/C/D measurment parts? (unfortunately this page from another model)

99509509.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Adjust the preload on the spring so that the coil is just captive on the strut (it SHOULD come like this out of the box).

Bolt them in and see where they sit, if you don't like the height adjust the body of the strut via the cleat on the base of the strut - simple!