SAU Community

18X10 +30 Scrubbing On Front Lca's

Hey,

I have had a look around on these forums and other forums to find the cause of my problem but have had no luck. I recently

bought a 2 door r32 gtst.

Anyway, I bought a set of 3pce workmeisters 18x10 + 30 and they are scrubbing on the front LCA's, yet the guy that I bought the wheels off had clearance there and he says

his suspension up front was stock except for the coilovers - which I also purchased and installed. The only difference that I know of between his car and mine is that I raised the front coilovers by about 30mm or so.

Did any models come out with different shape/size LCA's?

Would it have anything to do with the front coilovers being raised up? Maybe bringing the LCA towards the wheel a little?

What is my best option for fixing this?... spacers? aftermarket LCA's? Lower it more? Adj. upper arms?

It isnt a track car, but it also isnt my daily. This is the only photo I have at the moment just to give you an idea on the ride height.

Hopefully someone can help me out :)

Cheers

post-97480-0-25136000-1346215405_thumb.jpg

They're bloody big wheels for an R32. Looking at the photos, they don't need to be anywhere near that big given the tyre you're running. On that basis the simplest recommendation is downsize to 9" rims and avoid having to do dodgy stuff to make badly sized rims not scrape.

Apart from that, given that the difference you can identify is the ride height, I can't believe you haven't gone out and simply adjusted the height to see if it has the effect you ask about.

They're bloody big wheels for an R32. Looking at the photos, they don't need to be anywhere near that big given the tyre you're running. On that basis the simplest recommendation is downsize to 9" rims and avoid having to do dodgy stuff to make badly sized rims not scrape.

Apart from that, given that the difference you can identify is the ride height, I can't believe you haven't gone out and simply adjusted the height to see if it has the effect you ask about.

Yeah, they are a bit bigger than the typical wheel I suppose, but it's what I wanted. I thought all the options I mentioned were pretty legitimate, apart from the spacers being a bit dodgy of course.

I will be adjusting the height of the coil overs but I would rather do a few things at once, if need be, if I am going to be pulling parts out again.

Hopefully I can get it sorted without having to give up my new wheels :)

you can try run R33 LCA's as they give a wider track and more camber.

Hmm, I might check that out. Sounds like the best option so far.

Cheers :)

I will be adjusting the height of the coil overs but I would rather do a few things at once, if need be, if I am going to be pulling parts out again.

no dont.

Do things one at a time that way you can work out what is the cause of the problem/ the fix. Also you might find that dropping it to the height that the previous ovwner had it at will solve your problem, simple. Sorted.

Long live mexico

but otherwise, seriously man, id consider getting different rims. You are going to get defected so damn quick with those rims that you will end up in a world more hassle than you have now.

should be sweet, mate runs 18x10s +18 with no issues :)

Yet he runs 10" +30 and hits the inside...... I know the R33 can't fit anything bigger then 9.5" with +30 on the front (even then it can touch).