SAU Community

2008+ V36 Skyline 370Gt 4-Door - Wanting To Buy

Hi,

I am looking a getting a 2008+ Skyline 370GT 4 door (gun metal grey, typeSP preferably). I have been to many importers who have apparantly not found any to import at the moment. Anyone know of any auctions sites, dealerships (in any state), or anyone else that may be selling 1?

Regards,

Damien

Your best chance would be to sign up with one of the importers and tell them what you want. They can keep an eye on the auctions in Japan for you and let you know when something comes up.

I agree with Sonic. It will be an exercise in patience but it will also be well worth it. When I signed on with Prestige Motorsports in April 2011, it wasn't until November 2011 that we landed the car that met all my criteria. It had to be a 2009 SP coupe model or newer, pearl white exterior, black interior, no sunroof, colour-coded rear wing that spanned the width of the boot lid, less than 25000kms and grade 5A.

Geoff was absolutely upfront about it and told me that it would probably take a long while to find the right one and he was right but it was really worth the wait. The only thing I did exercise a little flexibility on was the interior trim, which I originally planned to be silver but instead went for woodgrain and it actually looks quite nice. It just needs a little contact adhesive as the door's laminates have come unstuck for whatever reason. I'll be working on it when the door trims come off for the speakers.

Exactly what Skylinetragic said. That's why you can still import an R35 dating as far as February 2009 because Nissan Australia only brought them in from March 2009 onwards, from memory.

Agreed. And my guess is Infiniti Aust. are waiting for the V37 to be released, rather than importing the V36, and upsetting the buyers with a new model after a few months.

I bought my V36 350GT Type SP unregistered from NSW,mine has the intelligent cruise control,side mirrors indicators and front bumper cameras,

I went to a private workshop and licensing was really easy hehe.Passed with HID headlights,no child restraint (lol) and 245/35/19 93Y tires when

the placard says 225/50/18 96W front and 245/45/18 96W.They sell V36's but 350GT only,I don't know if it'll help you but here.

www.prestigeautocentre.com.au

www.allimports.com.au

I have heard rumors of a G sedan in mid 2013.. probably just rumors at this stage though..

Prices for the M are approx $94,000 - $110,000. depnding on spec and colour.

http://forms.infiniticars.com.au/PublicWeb/PricingCalculator/pricing_calculator.jspx?model=Y512

I have heard rumors of a G sedan in mid 2013.. probably just rumors at this stage though..

Prices for the M are approx $94,000 - $110,000. depnding on spec and colour.

http://forms.infinit...jspx?model=Y512

Is the M37 based off of a V37 (which doesn't exist yet)? Or are they confusing people like in America with the G37 being a V36 chassis? And if it is a V36.. we won't be allowed to import them anymore?

Is the M37 based off of a V37 (which doesn't exist yet)? Or are they confusing people like in America with the G37 being a V36 chassis? And if it is a V36.. we won't be allowed to import them anymore?

The Infiniti M37 is a Nissan Fuga. The Infiniti G37 is currently a Skyline V36 and soon V37.

Read above about the importing. We've already discussed how SEVS operate when it comes to importing vehicles.

• 1 month later...

Thanks guys. I'm aware it's hard to get what I am after, especially in the gunmetal gray. Geoff from Prestige Motorsports is looking for me (hopefully still is) plus i got in contact with a few other places as well, which actually havn't been in contact with me again (yet anyway).

I may have to wait untill Inifinti bring the next model out in australia, bite the bullet and spent the extra cash on it.

thanks all for the info

Geoff will be still looking for you, don't worry, that guy is a legend :) listen to him and take his advice. He has imported for a lot of us here on the forum and has done a wonderful job finding good valued cars for us and not to mention save us heaps of cash.

There will be more V36 370GT next year or year after. At the moment because it is less than 5 years old in Japan, the tax is on the car is still low and people are not selling these cars as yet. When it goes over 5 years, tax goes nut, more will be on the market. Be patient :) or just get a V36 350GT...there is not much different with both other than the 5 spd and 7 spd gearbox and the extra power which most came to the conclusion that it evens out with the 7 spd gearbox being so much heavier.

Good luck in your search :)