SAU Community

Looking For Advice On 2 Things.

GT Sal

I was thinking Defi for the boost gauge but have never owned one? Thoughts or ideas?

Boost control, I have in the past used Blitz SBC ID 3. Is this still a good unit, or is there better?

Thanks all

If you have time to glance at the boost gauge while driving the car hard it means your not running enough boost!

I'm biased towards my Apexi AVCR because they are so easy to setup and get consistant and stable boost control with. I find the display, and recall peak are all I need and combined with a power fc and datalogit you don't need anything else.

Ive heard the Blitz controllers are comparable but have never used one.

i havnt used delfi in the pass, but when i looked into it the cost of 1 single boost gauge with control boxes etc was way to expensive.

brought a Eboost 2 for $645 it does both boost gauge & controller.

honestly 80dollar mechanical gauge and a 40dollar bleed off valve to control boost under 15psi is the most reliable without a doubt.

thats true but you cant do anything fancy with that so wheres the fun ?

handle more boost more stable..

I've read somewhere (don't quote me) but single solenoids are great for about 1.3bar and the dual solenoids are for anything higher than that. Not saying you couldn't use a dual solenoid for lower boost.

I got a mate using a Blitz Dual Solenoid on his S15, holds boost very well and considering it can be had off eBay used for about $350 delivered, it's quite good value!