SAU Community

How Loud Are Turbo's Supposed To Be In The Car?

Rancher

Another strange question from me.. I have googled, and found nothing that answered my question.

I still haven't assessed if I have a high flow or not. Doesn't matter. What a mate of mine did point out, is how loud my turbo is. You can hear the whistle (duh). But, inside the car, you can hear the turbo sucking in air seriously loud. Is this normal? Do others do this? Standard, high flowed? Etc? Is it gon' die?

I did spend the last 20min odd on youtoob, and couldn't find another boat owner with the same noise.

HALP thanks.

Being thinking about something similar..

Ive got a couple questions.. Without using pods what would make induction noise louder? and Would a metal intake kit with standard air box make the induction noise louder? I would love to get a pagani huayra sound in my car lol

It's all to do with the pod, and the type of pod. Some pods have more noise associated than others - whether its because of the level of filtration, or the actual construction metal vs plastic etc) who knows, not really a point anyone would probably care to look into.

Pod - lots induction noise

airbox/enclosed pod - less induction noise

GTRs make a bit more because of the side intake.

Take it to a shop that deals with these cars everyday and ask them to drive it. Any decent shop will be happy to take 5 minutes to tell you if it's normal or not. If its super loud it's probably not normal. A bit of noise is normal when you have a pod though. Better to be safe than sorry and what harm can it do to have it checked by a professional?

in my experience a poded R33 has mega induction noise. I originally had a K&N which was incredibly loud, I changed to a HKS shroom and the noise changed a lot. much quieter.

The stock RB25 turbo makes a silly amount of noise with a pod filter. In my old R32 it was by far the loudest, The Apexi AX53B70 made next to no noise and the 3076R made more of a whistle, but nothing seems to match the stocker for sounding like a vaccume cleaner! lol

The stock RB25 turbo makes a silly amount of noise with a pod filter. In my old R32 it was by far the loudest, The Apexi AX53B70 made next to no noise and the 3076R made more of a whistle, but nothing seems to match the stocker for sounding like a vaccume cleaner! lol

Yeah i found the pod, split dump etc on my high flow was super spoolage! With a bit of Ztutututu just for Josh.............

The 3076 does spool loud followed by epic whistle and then lots of GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE :woot: