SAU Community

How Loud Are Turbo's Supposed To Be In The Car?

Rancher

GTX3076 with steel pipe and pod, incabin is a constant whistling/whining like a kettle that never stops boiling even off boost, a quiet air sucking noise, always hear stock turbo's doing that spooling noise, easy to pick them out.

Edited by SliverS2

GTX3076 with steel pipe and pod, incabin is a constant whistling/whining like a kettle that never stops boiling even off boost, a quiet air sucking noise, always hear stock turbo's doing that spooling noise, easy to pick them out.

You should hear the older GT 3037 56T lol......... Its like the kettle is launching for space :P

Have you heard the BW S300sx at full noise Dan?

Mine sounds awesome even at 18psi

OH OH OH, so the old girl is all tuned and stuff now, linky to results/pics, you going to the SAU nats ?, is it run in ?, lets go to the drags !!!!!!

OH OH OH, so the old girl is all tuned and stuff now, linky to results/pics, you going to the SAU nats ?, is it run in ?, lets go to the drags !!!!!!

Not yet. It was getting the surge tank put in while I was out there today. Not long though!!!

470 @ 26 psi is my bet!

Not yet. It was getting the surge tank put in while I was out there today. Not long though!!!

470 @ 26 psi is my bet!

SWEET

And I did see that perty surge tank, I was going to pinch it but people were looking, LOL.

Being thinking about something similar..

Ive got a couple questions.. Without using pods what would make induction noise louder? and Would a metal intake kit with standard air box make the induction noise louder? I would love to get a pagani huayra sound in my car lol

Yes. I have a standard airbox, but a metal intake pipe, I get a really loud induction sound.

Mark as soon as Pauls and mine are done we are all heading to the drags!!

And keep ya dirty engineer hands off my tank :D

I reckon your about right there Paul