SAU Community

Apex PowerFC software tuned..

is it possible to get a pic of the cable linking the laptop to the PFC?? I have the software but I need to make the cable. I am trying convert the interface to english (although I'm told the US Power Excel tuners have an english version).

Power Excel software allows you to flash the PFC with newer bios... that's a major difference that the datalogit dosen't have.

I have a manual in japanese on how to tune a PFC, so hopefully I'll learn how to do it once I've got all the parts. Not that I'll be selling or offering any services (that means don't PM me wanting to buy it).

And there are no authorised tuners of PFC's in Aust afaik, let alone any licensed software owners or certified technicians.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks frankie..glad your impressed...i didnt want to brag to much here as they came here to tune my car..which isnt quite ready so i can't really quote from experience..the best indication is from his customers say...

funkymokey: i think there is more to it that just coping the cable...the software alone can't just be bought by any one..you must be qualified and then after that its over $10kAUD.

then investment in a lamba o2 sensor..over $1500. then knock sensor then tune...

and to think the NZ software haven't already tried to copy it..are u crazy? :P

its prob just left to the professionals..im sure any one who drives a turbo car can afford it and its probably the best investment from your car money could buy...and at more than half the price of any of there competitors here who have the geniene raw deal..why not.

funky, i'll get a picture next week as thats when im going back. seems as though you're putting in soo much effort for little gain. why not let an experienced tuner do it all for you?

jnr32r, custom. remind me to send you pics

geoff, cheap laptop? id say just an old ibm thinkpad. but if it aint broke dont fix it and if it works why try to keep up with the jones's? decent tuning software? i'd go as far as to say probably the best?

thank you for all the enquirees today calls and emails, inbox is almost full :P

general thought is this is going that people think they will have to robb a bank in order to afford it..

Average cost so far hasnt been over $300AUD...

they have about 2 spots left this week before they leave on Sunday.

dont miss out, book now! call me now 0055-NEED-POWER. :( sorry

in all seriousnes please email [email protected] or call me 0411GTR R32 (0411 487 732)

just a side note, i have no financial interest in this and neither has judd. from the looks of things judd is just helping out a mate which is most honourable!

now, the other point is, I am happy with the result thus far (will report back next week) but i reserve a small amount of skeptisism because i was also happy with the results i had just after c&v's and the hitman's tunes...time will tell if this tune is the real deal.

just a side note, i have no financial interest in this and neither has judd. from the looks of things judd is just helping out a mate which is most honourable!

now, the other point is, I am happy with the result thus far (will report back next week) but i reserve a small amount of skeptisism because i was also happy with the results i had just after c&v's and the hitman's tunes...time will tell if this tune is the real deal.

except for the fact you had a knock measuring 158+ under full throttle and load before it was tuned by PExcel? :P

And there are no authorised tuners of PFC's in Aust afaik, let alone any licensed software owners or certified technicians.

we know that, and that's why he is from oversea..

My car have been tuned by some local reputable (in someway) of workshop, but most could not deliver what they promise, maybe I was not lucky enough..

for this tune, I'm happy the result, and he will tune the power band where you use most..and just spent on dyno 1.5 hours, we got the result with very healthy af reading and minor knock reading on the street..for those people you want to know what kind of setting I have can click on my signature..

very pleased to see the result..

• 4 weeks later...

.... well give me another week or two and ill catch up with those of you that are in June.

So franks, can you report back on whether the car made any more power, changed the power delivery at all etc etc?

Also the Power Fc has a fuel cut rev limit, so if you have say a 8,200rpm rev limit and you bounce it off the rev limit in 1st and 2nd gears while doing a 1/4 mile run.... is there any real world effect of leaning out the engine, higher combustion temperatures etc?

funky, i'll get a picture next week as thats when im going back. seems as though you're putting in soo much effort for little gain. why not let an experienced tuner do it all for you?

jnr32r, custom. remind me to send you pics

geoff, cheap laptop? id say just an old ibm thinkpad. but if it aint broke dont fix it and if it works why try to keep up with the jones's? decent tuning software? i'd go as far as to say probably the best?

Can I assume that the Z32AFM worked ok or are you still using the standard item?

thank you for all the enquirees today calls and emails, inbox is almost full :)

general thought is this is going that people think they will have to robb a bank in order to afford it..

Average cost so far hasnt been over $300AUD...

they have about 2 spots left this week before they leave on Sunday.

dont miss out, book now! call me now 0055-NEED-POWER. :D sorry

in all seriousnes please email [email protected] or call me 0411GTR R32 (0411 487 732)

Expect my call tomorrow sometime Judd.. Need to get the gearbox back in first, but Im intrested

mark: z32 is still in the garage :) thats PHASE 2 which is coming shortly :D

roy: nothing emperical to report on sorry. performance is as i originally stated...seat of the pants feel still feels impressive especially with my modified avcr settings (i think i have it better than jimmy just quietly :)) knock sensor still remains quiet (as it should) and even with the lesser fuel brands (ie. opticrap and 8000) the tune is still very impressive going from my knock levels vs performance.

i dont know what "bouncing off the rev limiter" means sorry ;)

i'd say no it wouldnt otherwise nissan would've put something a little bit more preventative than just a rev limiter???