SAU Community

Tom's C33 Laurel

Thomasino

• 2 weeks later...

Had it in for some general service last weekend.

smugshot2616105-L.jpg

The exhaust and cat is what has been scraping everywhere, the chassis was done getting onto the hoist...

smugshot5372679-L.jpg

And obviously the oil from previous leaks.

smugshot3381227-L.jpg

Crappy exhaust!

smugshot1672183-L.jpg

Probably hanging so low due to this broken gearbox mount. Probably also the cause of the less then finger tight manifold>turbo bolts, and thus the leaking sound and low power. Also was missing a dump bolt.

smugshot1951456-L.jpg

Radiator flush

smugshot8145447-L.jpg

Took it for it's longest drive yesterday (20km there, 20km back). Gearbox got stuck in 3rd on the way there, turned it off and on again at the lights and it fixed the issue. then it got stuck in 2nd, which was a major issue trying to cruise at 60km/h. And the same deal on the way home. Only happened at the start of both drives though, not throughout or towards the end. Started sourcing manual parts though! Already sick of auto and footbrake!

Edited by Thomasino

Sweeeet.

My ceffy used to have the sticking gear problem.

It'd sometimes only use second and third, sometimes it'd use all 4. Was some kind of problem with the solenoids. When you turn it on, both lights on the dash (power and hold) should light up, if only one lights it, one or more solenoids isn't responding, can usually fix it but just turning car off and on again until it works, that used to work for me anyway, that might save some of your sanity until your manual conversion :P

Do miss the handbrake pedal though, used to think it was useless until Dan_J suggested one day, chock the handle lever up with a small block or your phone or something, then you have a third pedal to kick like a clutch....worked a treat hahaha

And I forgot to mention we found a second motor attached to the washer bottle. Followed the lines and found these...

smugshot9450369-L.jpg

No wiring plugged up to anything so it's just sitting there, for now.

And selling these if anyone wants them (Kris PM'd). $900 ono. 16x7 +32 205/50/16 and 16x8 +38 225/55/16. Good tread but one rear has a screw in it.

smugshot9563985-L.jpg

More photos. Click here.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That's part of the reason why I love it, I've never seen one on the road before! And people who know what it is give me a surprised look when passing the other way.

But the gearbox is giving me the shits. Got stuck in 1st gear in traffic on a 4 lane road (on the far right lane!). Any decent drive (like, as in 2km's +) it'll get stuck in one of the gears. The more you drive the more often it gets stuck. But auto is gay anyway...

53467_10152216667290392_1601849357_o.jpg

68069_10152254755400392_832425564_n.jpg

Just a few odds and ends to get now before the conversion!

PS still scraping everywhere. Had 4 of my mates plus myself in the car driving to the pub last night, hang ring now has multiple scratches!

Still for sale. Also have various crap as seen in post 1 for sale.

http://www.gumtree.com.au/m-my-ad.html?adId=1009167849

I'm down south-ish, Brighton way. I know of none, except that horrid green one that was for sale not long ago. Might have to meet up at some stage when mine is semi-respectable and not getting stuck in gear!

I don't think I need the red cable to be honest, it looks like the foot setup uses it anyway. I'll keep it just in case but once I got it all fitted and working I'll let you know if that's what you're after.

Oh and that's a JZX100 Chaser not a C35 haha.